Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Elementary Season 7!
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s back and has 11 episodes out there.
    How did I miss it? Lucy Liu is blonde and Tamsin Greig is in there too.
    Happy days.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

They’re back to New York by ep3.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Watched the first one and it’s pretty obvious that would happen.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DickBarton

I’m not liking the blonde look but it still seems to be working as a show.

doomanic

Having got bored way back sometime in season 2 or 3 I’ve started again at season 6. It’s all a bit formulaic and predictable. Which is why I stopped watching last time.

darthpunk
    Free Member

I prefer it over other Sherlock Holmes adaptations……..call me shallow, but it’s not up it’s own harris or Robert Downey Junior being insufferable

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I love it, Sherlock got a bit too much “ooh look at how ‘clever’ I am”. And that Irish Moriarty just came across as a camp ****.
    Mark you in Elementary using Sherlock’s dad seems to be their ‘sonic screwdriver’.

budgierider67

The London based episodes were terrible. Obviously not the UK and the accents & language were comical.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

They apparently had to make the US viewers idea of what London looked like, which seems to be essentially New York, with a double decker bus, a cup of tea, and a cheeky chirpy cockney chappy talking a bit like “apples and pears”. I half expected the Queen to jump out from behind a tree with a collection of Corgis and a Beefeater.

It has been very formulaic, brain switched off type stuff for a long while. The increasing use of the omnipresent dad plot device hasn’t helped.

Probably should have called time after S6.

DickBarton

Bit of a twist on that though…depending on how up-to-date you are…

poah
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed it particularly 7

CountZero

They apparently had to make the US viewers idea of what London looked like, which seems to be essentially New York, with a double decker bus, a cup of tea, and a cheeky chirpy cockney chappy talking a bit like “apples and pears”. I half expected the Queen to jump out from behind a tree with a collection of Corgis and a Beefeater.

Sadly true, if they saw the genuine London skyline, they’d probably think it was Dubai or NYC, what with all those big glass skyscrapers, n’all!
    Most Americans are barely aware of what goes on outside their own city, let alone state, and as far as anywhere outside CONUS, well it might as well be Game Of Thrones, with ‘Here Be Dragons’ all over the map!
    I’ve seen the LA Times, it had at least five or six supplements, the whole thing must have weighed about a kilo, and I could only find one page of international news! And not much more about the rest of the US.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Only E13 to go next week. I can’t see another season happening. There’s a feel that they are trying find a conclusion that will please everyone. And only 13 episodes instead of the usual 22 seems strange.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just watched ep13. Not certain if I’m angry or happy or what. Quite a weird one that doesn’t match the rest of the season.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Elementary Season 7!’ is closed to new replies.