Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Electronic shifting on off road bikes
  • jobro
    Free Member

So this is question about the suitability of an electronic system for changing gears on off road bikes,both mtb and drop bar rough stuff bikes.
    What made me start to think about this is that I’m in the process of building up a rough stuffer (gravel/adventure call it what you will) and had intended to go down the line of a road D12 levers coupled with electric XTR on the back. My LBS guys are mad about Di2, they love it. But I did wonder about the suitability of batteries and motors in a wet,cold and bumpy environment. Also since changing is so easy with electric is it a problem in changing gear unintentionally as your bashed about on rough ground. Perhaps my fears are completely unfounded?
    Would be very interested in your experiences.
    Thanks

mattbee

I love the Ultegra di2 on my road bike, shift quality is great & it hasn’t had to be touched apart from charging for well over 6 months so far. Has been used in some pretty grotty conditions too.
    I’ve got SRAM mechanical on my Sonder Camino but I’ll definitely change to electronic in the new year, just need to decide on Etap hydro or Ultegra/XTR mix. Either way I’m sure it will be great.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Powered shifting might even work better in gloop than normal cable shifting.

onandon
    Free Member

DI2 XTR is by far the best use of shimano electronic shifting.
    I think di2 works much better off road than on.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Electronic shifting on off road bikes’ is closed to new replies.