Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Electrolyte tab tubes… re-use ideas?
  • jojoA1
    Free Member

Over the years I’ve gone through a few tubes of effervescent electrolyte or multi vitamins (Nuun, High5 Zero and the like) and it always seems wasteful to chuck the containers out. Also the big placcy tubs of energy drink powder, now I come to think of it. Has anyone come up with cunning ideas for their re-use?
    Me old dad used to use the wee 35mm film tubs for a mini sewing kit for travelling.

scotroutes

Tampon holder?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Before or after use?…

scotroutes

Either

njee20
    Free Member

Fill with wasps for an inexpensive vibrator?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Jokes aside, not a bad idea for a rainy weekend ride trip. Thanks Mr C.
    Any more?

falkirk-mark

put in a rucksack for a personal flotation device if you ever have to go on a ferry etc

martinxyz
    Free Member

She’s got lighter but no that light!

scotroutes

And remember that tampons make excellent tinder for starting fires. 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

Njee20, you posted your suggestion while I was writing my last reply. For clarification, I will not be creating an apid based self gratification device for my amusement during wet weekends…

martinxyz
    Free Member

I’m going to picture used thingies in them each time I walk past them now ffs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m going to picture used thingies in them each time I walk past them now ffs.

Teabag storage for vampires, innit?

(Too far? )

scotroutes

Cut them to differing lengths, mount in them flat in a wooden frame and use as a xylophone (might work best with metal tubes).

Alternatively, hold them vertical and blow across the tops to create your own pan-pipes.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Scotroutes, only the ‘before’ ones.

Ah, I’ve thought of one of my own; a “finger of fudge” protector, like a banana-guard, but smaller 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“finger of fudge”
    ” amusement during wet weekends”

Come on, Jojo, stop this now!

😀

njee20
    Free Member

Njee20, you posted your suggestion while I was writing my last reply. For clarification, I will not be creating an apid based self gratification device for my amusement during wet weekends…

😆 iz disappoint

andyl
    Free Member

a “finger of fudge” protector

😯

Any use for storing spare batteries and keeping them dry?

somafunk

The small nunn tubes are perfect for a few single skin “j’s” and the large tubes are perfect for 3 skin “j’s”, ideal for overnight bivvy trips up in the galloway hills during the summer when there’s now’t but stars as far as the eyes can see, don’t forget the whisky and coffee though 😉

jojoA1
    Free Member

Some creative ideas 🙂
    Keep it up!… So to speak 😉

Small spaghetti portions?

scotroutes

I’ve never been a fudge packer but I do have a (glow-in-the-dark) banana guard.

tymbian
    Free Member

Quick links, £ notes…

bruneep

Banana guard…Aye right.

BigDummy
    Free Member

iz disappoint

+1

🙂

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Have you ever read ‘Papillon’?

wombat

I put 10p coins in 1 of them and 20p coins in another. Whenever I have these coins in my pocket when I get home I put them in the relevant tube and use them as an extremely slow method of saving for special things (or a very quick method of saving for inexpensive special things, whichever is most applicable to your particular viewpoint).

offthebrakes
    Free Member

They do actually make handy containers for energy powder, like the ones that Torq Single Shot used to come in.

But obviously njee’s idea is far superior.

richmtb

If you could find a really small hamster…

ohnohesback
    Free Member

A survival kit container?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Electrolyte tab tubes… re-use ideas?’ is closed to new replies.