Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Electricblankettrackworld
  • beamers

So, further to my What Present for the Wife Thread, I’m on the hunt for an electric blanket.

Key requirements:

– Needs to be double size and attachable to the bed (loops at each corner?) so that it doesn’t slip about.

– Needs to have dual heat zones. My side will never be switched on, ever. Unless of course it comes with a cool function. I Quite often sleep without the duvet over me whilst Mrs B has a blanket on top of her side of the duvet and still complains about being cold.

Your electric blanket suggestions if you please.

Ta in advance

fionap

http://www.johnlewis.com/dreamland-6986-sleepwell-mattress-cover-double/p231270138
    Have had one of these for two years now and it’s amazing. Would stay away from the fleecy covered ones if you run hot.

beamers

Thanks fionap.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Have a Silentnight one from Asda.
    Bonkers hot and really good value.
    Not dual though but just buy a single – the cords it comes with are really long.
    The £’s saved will discretely evaporate into bike parts and she’ll never know…..

doris5000

http://www.johnlewis.com/dreamland-6967-intelliheat-electric-fleece-mattress-cover-double/p231270128

took delivery of one of these yesterday.

The wife’s reaction: “wow, this is better than sex!”.

hmmm. :/

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Cheapskate version that works really well with duvets is to lift the duvet a bit and blow a hairdryer underneath for a minute or two.

It warms the sheet and duvet and fills the duvet with warm air. This makes it lovely for cold people to get into. The hot air dissipates over time but normally after they are asleep so you don’t have a hot bed all night.

beamers

took delivery of one of these yesterday.

That one might be a bit too warm for me due to its fleecyness. This one might be just the ticket:

http://www.johnlewis.com/dreamland-6986-sleepwell-mattress-cover-double/p231270138
    Have had one of these for two years now and it’s amazing. Would stay away from the fleecy covered ones if you run hot.

beamers

Cheapskate version that works really well with duvets is to lift the duvet a bit and blow a hairdryer underneath for a minute or two.

That would definitely not cut it as a Christmas gift.

A Dutch Oven would be an even cheaper alternative.

deejayen
    Free Member

I used electric blankets for years, but went off them after a couple of them went on fire. One incident was when I was a child, and obviously didn’t affect me, but the other one happened two or three years ago, and was a slightly unpleasant experience.

teef
    Free Member

My side will never be switched on,

Why don’t you get a single one and just put it down one side?

fionap

I don’t think you’d be able to secure a single one from slipping around unless you modified the straps to go across the ’empty’ side of the mattress too. And you’d end up with an ridge in the middle of the bed (the edge would inevitably get a bit rolled up) which would be annoying.

My bf was adamant that he would never ever use his half as he too runs hot like the OP…now he complains if I only pre-heat my side and not his!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Electricblankettrackworld’ is closed to new replies.