Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Electric Vehicles – Looking for Advice
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’ve seen conflicting stuff about China, the developing domestic market is so mind bogglingly vast that purely Chinese companies like SAIC, Dongfeng, FAW etc, at least in the short term, don’t really need to bother venturing outside China with EV cars and all the required dealer / servicing back up network needed. I guess it’s only a matter of time tho. Polestar (Volvo) and MG are a bit different as you allude to, but certainly there could be more of the same Chinese buy outs.

Edukator
    Free Member

AWD

When did you last drive off-road, retro83? You might well own an estate in Hampshire or a large part of Scotland for all I know but I suspect you live in a place with tarmac to your door and the nearset you get to off-road is a gravel car park.

FuzzyWuzzy

You post names of good wholesome people who are excellent role models for those wishing to live in an open, fair, caring society who drive Jags bought new and I’ll post ones who aren’t

That’s a pretty blinkered view. Personally I think most Audi’s are driven by arrogant pricks but I don’t think everyone that drives an Audi is an arrogant prick and nor would it make me one for buying one (I may already be but that’s not the point…).

I’m not a fan of Jaguars per se but I do like the i-Pace and whilst it might not be the most environmentally sound EV I think criticising a premium EV for not being the most efficient is taking dislike of a brand a bit too far (otherwise what about the eTron?)

retro83
    Free Member

Edukator

When did you last drive off-road, retro83? You might well own an estate in Hampshire or a large part of Scotland for all I know but I suspect you live in a place with tarmac to your door and the nearset you get to off-road is a gravel car park.

Why are you trying to make this about me? I don’t own or aspire to own an IPace.

Aside from missing the major point of my previous post you are also wrong about AWD = off road.

It is not really intended for off-roading, that would be 4×4 with diff locks etc.
    AWD is really about superior performance and safety on the road in all weather conditions. See also Quattro, 4motion etc.

The fact AWD is more off-road capable than a 2WD vehicle is largely incidental for this type of car. Otherwise it would be supplied with chunky M&S tyres not rubber bands.

Drac

I have a challenge for you Drac. You post names of good wholesome people who are excellent role models for those wishing to live in an open, fair, caring society who drive Jags bought new and I’ll post ones who aren’t.

FFS! 😂

Edukator
    Free Member

AWD is really about superior performance and safety on the road in all weather conditions.

I would argue that AWD on-road is about making vehicles with dangerous levels of performance less dangerous. Even then increasing the capabilities of a vehicle is more likely to show weaknesses in the most safety critical component, the driver. I’ll take a lot of convincing that making a Zoé AWD would improve safety.

If you are worried about safety in all weather conditions then tyres make the most difference, which is perhaps why I’ve seen so many AWD vehicles in difficulty on icy/snowy Pyrenean roads. Drivers of 2WD vehicles assume they’ll need Winter tyres and/or chains and fit them (or give up and stay at home/catch the bus). Drivers of AWD vehicles assume AWD is good enough and then slither off with their X5 on garden rollers or 4×4 pickup on M&S tyres.

retro83
    Free Member

I would argue

I’m sure you would.

Edukator
    Free Member

🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Drive electric now have the Tesla model 3 standard range + on personal contract at £410 per month for 3 years with £3696 initial rental.

bensales
    Free Member

Edukator

I have a challenge for you Drac. You post names of good wholesome people who are excellent role models for those wishing to live in an open, fair, caring society who drive Jags bought new and I’ll post ones who aren’t.

I’ve bought two Jags new, and one secondhand, and I’ll probabky be buying an I-Pace towards the end of next year if I don’t succumb to a Tesla instead.

I also wish to live in an open, fair, caring society too.

I’d not want to have a conversation with someone as close-minded as you, so neither of us is going to miss out.

Anyone comparing an electric super mini to an electric luxury car is an idiot. It’s the same as comparing a Smart car to a BMW 7 series. Utterly meaningless.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Electric Vehicles – Looking for Advice’ is closed to new replies.