Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Electric underfloor heating
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

Will need to lay new electric underfloor heating as part of a bathroom re-fit.
    There seems a multitude of brands available.
    Is there a go-to brand for underfloor heating? Given its nature I don’t want to skimp and have problems a few years down the line which cant be easily fixed.

Cheers,

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

For me it’s Devi. I’ve fitted hundreds of them over the years and not a single failure (that I know about). The touch regulator is easy to set up and use also.

z1ppy

I was only checkinng the thread to see what was said but I’ll back up B-S 😀 by saying we have a Devi system in our kitchen, fitted 9 yeaqrs ago, still working without issue. Though we have the older DEVIREG 550 controller, which is a bit of a pain.

FuzzyWuzzy

I had Devi stuff (DeviMat) fitted in my bathroom, works well but I’d avoid the DeviReg Smart controller if I were you (I couldn’t get it working at least and I’ve worked in IT for 25 years :p lots of complaints about it on forums when I started digging). I have the DeviReg Touch controller and it works well (the Opti looks interesting to but wasn’t available when I had mine fitted), you rarely need to mess with it so I don’t mind not being able to use an app on my phone to control it.

I actually wanted Schluter Ditra stuff as it seemed a bit more thought had gone into it but my plumber couldn’t get it under his trade discount so it would have worked out a lot more expensive.

I have DeviMat on one wall to (instead of a towel radiator), works really well as the towels create a hot spot behind them (45-50c) which dries them well. It does mean a second controller though.

Oh and in winter it’s expensive – about £70-80 a month I was finding as to actually heat up the room you need it on a lot (I had it come on at 1am for me to have comfortable temp at 6am, even then the room wasn’t actually warm). I’ve had the floor switched off completely since June and when it’s about 10-15c outside temps I found just having it come on a couple of hours before I used the bathroom in the morning was fine as it was mostly just taking the cold out of the floor tiles.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’ve got warmup fitted in our other place and it’s been fine for 15 years so far.
    Just put 15sqm in our re-done kitchen but it’s only there to take the chill off the tiles, CH and stove supply the main heat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Electric underfloor heating’ is closed to new replies.