Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Electric Motorcycle
  • funkmasterp

Looking at easy ways to get to the office and warehouses for work. Currently sharing the car with Mrs F and it’s not ideal plus expensive. I catch the train to the office but it’s over £12 each day. I would consider cycling but there are no showers at one site and they both involve cycling down the A6.

So I started looking at electric motorbikes as an option. Anybody have one and care to give some feedback? Looking at something that can cope with a bit of dual carriageway, so capable of doing fifty without dying. The Super Soco models appear popular but seem to have shit range and speedos that are way out so they can lie about speeds they are capable of doing

eddiebaby
    Free Member

A motorcyclist I know commutes 15 miles each way all winter in all weathers so this year he gave up and bought a Renault Twizzy…

sharkattack

You want a 125cc scooter.

funkmasterp

Think a Twizzy would be a tad expensive. Don’t want another petrol or diesel vehicle.

kayak23

Zero motorcycles seem to be well thought of.
    Not a clue on costs mind.
    Imagine they ain’t cheap.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

You want a 125cc scooter

This. Or geared 125cc.

Far cheaper than an electric bike and you’ll be getting over 100 mpg.

I appreciate the running costs of an electric bike are less, but the initial outlay buys lots of tanks of fuel.

funkmasterp

I get what you’re both saying but if I wanted a 125 bike I wouldn’t have posted

MarkyG82

Twizys on auto trader start around 6k. Not cheap but also not huge money. I’d bet a good size bike would have a higher top speed though. I tested a twizy back in the day Ind got 56mph down hill. Up the same hill was closer to 45.

From a quick search this is the cheapest bike on that particular site that will do national speed type of roads.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Think a Twizzy would be a tad expensive. Don’t want another petrol or diesel vehicle.

Twizzy is electric.

funkmasterp

Twizzy is electric.

I know. I was referring to the post after yours about scooters.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.