• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by K.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Electric Motor Bicycles
  • wilburt
    Free Member

Could I politely ask the wealthy folk who have bought themselves electric powered bicycles in the last month or so to slow down on public footpaths and have some consideration for other people please.

You are giving actual cyclists a bad name.

Thanks

hols2
    Free Member

You are giving actual cyclists a bad name.

null

tomhoward

The ones that stop being electric at 15.5 mph? Nutters. Glad real cyclists can’t go that fast.

seosamh77
    Free Member

tomhoward
    Subscriber
    The ones that stop being electric at 15.5 mph? Nutters. Glad real cyclists can’t go that fast.

Real cyclists pottle around at 8mph! 😆

Poopscoop

Oh, the humanity.

ta11pau1

Actual cyclists? As opposed to Hypothetical cyclists? They’re the real danger, you know.

timbog160

Phew!!! Thought this might refer to me for a moment, but luckily I only have an electrically assisted bicycle, as opposed to an electrically powered one!

RichPenny
    Free Member

I don’t know, could you? I mean you should, but it’s up to you really. Personally I’m suffering from lockdown fever, so it’d vary between grinding of teeth and evisceration plus burial of a mutilated corpse in the woods. Probably.

hols2
    Free Member

Actual cyclists? As opposed to Hypothetical cyclists?

Maybe metaphorical cyclists. I hate metaphors, you think you understand what people are talking about, but then you realize you’re barking up the wrong garden path through a minefield.

Superficial
    Free Member
    ta11pau1

perhaps you should put a sign up?

K

I drag the wife out for rides, she has one of those electric motor bicycle devices you talk of I don’t. She complains about not being able to keep up, but that’s not normally on footpaths.

Is your strava segment on a footpath?

ajantom

slow down on public footpaths

So it’s fine on non-public footpaths or bridleways?

K

Ah! just re-read your post, she has had it a couple of years. She can go as fast as possible on a footpath?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Electric Motor Bicycles’ is closed to new replies.