Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Electric fat bikes – From who and where
  • nasher
    Free Member

I’m clueless about these things… I have been currently using a trials motor bike with a Dakine builders pack to get to the trails to do maintenance work….

However this is not always possible so I’m looking at the possibility of using a rigid electric fat bike to ride up techy singletrack, as well as normal roads and fireroads.

Roads will be about 10km long and about 900m vertical and the trails about 6/7km…. will myself and the motor explode?

And what bike does STW recommend, looking at spending as little as possible..

Cheers

rickmeister

Haibike have been doing ebike s in Germany for a good while. I think there were a few efatty models at Eurobike…

http://www.haibike.de/produkte_detail_en,3006,22840,detail.html

bencooper
    Free Member

Build you one – a On-one fatty with decent motor system will be round £2000.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I saw an electric On-One in Paignton/Torbay in the summer, someone must know who/what it is?

Motor about the size of a car’s alternator on a bracket conecting to the BB and suppourted under the downtube. Looked like a fairly profesional kit and might broaden the market for picking a bike and being able to sell it again afterwards.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ben, that sounds awesome!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Electric fat bikes – From who and where’ is closed to new replies.