Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Electric Car – the problem thread
  • wbo
    Free Member

I’m too polite to call BS on this ‘ except they couldnt even unlock it with the emergency key blade in the passenger door.’ because luckily the leaf does have a key blade in the key which mechanically opens the lock, allowing you to open the boot and change/repalce the battery.

Re. bricked cars – I had a Mazda that was bulletproof for 225000 km except when about 3 months old the gearbox broke and basically bricked the car – the locked gearbox meant the car couldn’t move, and also it couldn’t be put into neutral to be moved. Mazda fixed it without question but at the time at work we were using a carpark where I am pretty sure you couldn’t get a recovery truck in ? What then?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And the good news is that a fully charged 12V battery cleared the problem.

I agree that opening the door with a flat battery shouldn’t be an issue as there is a key blade inside the fob. There isn’t anywhere inside the car to fit the physical key but you can at least pop the bonnet and charge the car.

Loads of error and visit dealer signs were cleared by turning in off and turning it on again several times, also driving it backwards and then forwards a few feet.

Normal service now resumed but basically a flat 12V battery in an EV is more of a pain in the arse than in an ICE car.

The good news is that the car issues provoked a debate with the wife that has possibly ended with me getting to go ahead for a Bentley GTC 6.0 W12 which compliments the Leaf nicely I think.

FB-ATB

Just remember, never leave the leccy car blocking the drive!

fossy

I don’t think the Leaf saves you from a planet guzzling W12 Bentley.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I don’t think the Leaf saves you from a planet guzzling W12 Bentley.

It is okay, I killed an American once which has offset my carbon footprint for life I think

aP
    Free Member

It is okay, I killed an American once which has offset my carbon footprint for life I think

I think he was still on the bonnet of that little Honda you had when you arrived at a STW Surrey Hills ride about 15 years ago.

Drac

Glad you’re sorted. Cars are so heavily dependent on electrics now.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I think he was still on the bonnet of that little Honda you had when you arrived at a STW Surrey Hills ride about 15 years ago.

I loved that car. So sad to sell it but the smell of gently roasting innards got too much

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Electric Car – the problem thread’ is closed to new replies.