• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by tthew.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Electric bill query
  • zippykona

We were with utility warehouse.
    Each month they would send us a bill and we would pay it.
    We left them in June.
    They have now sent us a different bill covering the 7 months we were with them and want a further £300. If we don’t pay they will cut us off even though we are no longer with them!
    Shall we just ignore them?

intheborders
    Free Member

“they’ll cut us off”

How exactly?

Cougar

What’s the bill say, what’s the payment supposed to be for? Non-payment? Incorrect closing meter reading?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Cougar

“they’ll cut us off”

How exactly?

Even if they could technically, I’m reasonably sure that they can’t legally.

zippykona

This is what we received.
    null

Cougar

That’s truly bizarre.

It looks to me like they / you have been reading a 7-digit meter as six digits, so they’ve unrolled it and tried to recalculate. I think. I’m unconvinced that just sticking a zero on the end from a reading a year ago and then going “pay up” is much more than an arbitrary attempt at a fix.

I’d definitely be querying it with them if only to get someone to explain it properly.

spooky_b329

Someone has messed up the readings…have you entered readings including the red digits?

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/energy/energy-supply/your-energy-meter/how-to-read-your-energy-meter/#:~:text=you%20read%20them.-,To%20read%20the%20meter%3A,number%2C%20write%20down%20that%20number.

Probably time to get a pen and paper and work out if their corrections add up. I believe utility bills are deliberately hard to understand the way they print them out!

tthew

That is really confusing. Looks like they ballsed up the previous bills, so have credited all that back to you and re-calculated based on your opening and closing reads. At least they’ve charged the vast majority of it to the lower unit costs. It stinks, but I can see you having to suck it up. ☹

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.