• This topic has 1,256 replies, 187 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cougar.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,257 total)
  • Official STW General Election Night thread
  • Pook

docrobster – where are you then?

Junkyard
    Free Member

@ aracer i was actually going to use that as the analogy but who knows what happens if its indefinitely paused

mikewsmith
    Free Member

i think they will be raining it in and getting in the think tent

Or questions about being in the tent pissing out or out of the tent pissing in…

Klunk
    Free Member

if there was a nuclear attack on the labour party the only man left standing would be Jeremy Corbyn.

Klunk
    Free Member

may has missed an open goal

aracer
    Free Member

From bookface:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Darlington red.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Ok DD yes I agree with that, an indefinite extension which is basically equivalent to withdrawing the whole idea. Seems on the cards to me.

dazh

Too early still but looking like the young have turned out in droves. If so then this is the blowback from brexit, and the shrewd policy on tuition fees. 11.2bn is looking like a small price to pay right now. If the tories do form the next govt, then I wouldn’t be surprised if they suddenly find some cash down the back of the sofa.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

May thought the farmer was angry when she ran through the Wheatfields? Wait till she hears how angry her paymasters are tomorrow. 😆

Northwind

Klunk – Member

it’s perverse, if they had rallied behind him they propably romped home!

You have to remember that tonight, if the exit poll is right, that side of the Labour party lost. They would rather lose an election and win the party back . And I think more importantly, their justification of electability just went out the window. They haven’t lost the war but it’s a hell of a setback and it’s not too surprising Straw can’t deal with it

dazh – Member

11.2bn is looking like a small price to pay right now

Bear in mind that’s not the true cost- we already fund students via loans, and a huge proportion of that is written off so much of what looks like an increased cost now, is actually just more honest accounting.

badnewz
    Free Member

Yep young vote has made a big difference.
    Tories ignored it for too long. Corbyn mobilised it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tories had previously thought Darlington was “in the bag.” Central office will be feeling quite flaccid right now.

kimbers

Mays threat of ‘no deal’ seems to be playing well in Brexit constituencies,

Its alienated the remainers who’ve gone red,

The youth vote who were fuct over the most by Brexit, helping with that

aracer
    Free Member

If that’s true, then it’s a big win for this election whatever the overall result. Let’s hope the overall result is one which keeps them engaged though.

As nice as the old couple I met yesterday were, I’d much rather the future of our country was decided by the folks I know who are young enough to be my kids (even if that’s not quite the direction I want it to go).

Klunk
    Free Member

what ever JCs kudos is through the roof, likeable approachable electable

Junkyard
    Free Member

May also antagonised the retired voters and her stock with the older voter so i wonder if they just did not turn out?

docrobster
    Free Member

Pook-I’m in Fulwood. Just round the corner from clegg’s old office.

ourmaninthenorth

Good work, all of you.

I’m starting to have mixed feelings about my spoiled ballot paper.

Two iPads and iPhone providing multi channel sleep avoidance tonight.

Fascinating..!!

rone

Also evidence that the Left is far from dead as a viable government.

Labour doesn’t need to be centrist.

dazh

And a speculative answer as to why UKIP voters in the south seem to be going for labour, if they have kids or grandkids approaching university age, then these families stand to save A LOT of money. Probably less of an issue in the north so could explain the difference in spread of UKIP votes between labour and the tories?

Douglas Alexander on right now saying it’s all because of May’s shocking campaign. They just can’t bring themselves to give any credit to Corbyn can they?

oldnpastit

Yep young vote has made a big difference.
    Tories ignored it for too long. Corbyn mobilised it.

Not just Corbyn doing the mobilising. Theresa May helped in spades.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m starting to have mixed feelings about my spoiled ballot paper.

#WhatIfEveryoneVoted?

Klunk
    Free Member

Darlington marginal @ 3200 lab majority

thegreatape
    Free Member

What channel are you all watching on? I’m my wife is on 4.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

BBC here, they have lifted the Geo Blocks

fifeandy
    Free Member

Sky news here.

aracer
    Free Member

I love the shot of the Darlington count with the Green candidate giving Ms Chapman a big hug.

#bbcelection here

kimbers

In Tory party head office they are unlocking the traditional tools of leadership renewal

Skip to 2min30

To see what they are about to do to May
    [video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rPv2I-mArD8[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

mirror second edition

frankconway

Some thoughts about possible losses:
    – kate hoey was good as minister for sport under blair but might be paying price for brexit support
    – amber rudd showed potential to replace may as tory leader; if she loses seat the odds on johnson shorten further
    – ben gummer who wrote the tory manifesto should lose his seat for three reasons….i) his father
    ii) nepotism to place him as candidate in 2015 iii) producing uncosted manifesto which, effectively, said nothing more than ‘trust us’
    – jane ellison is someone i don’t know much about so can’t comment.

Just in Osbo describes tory manifesto as ‘…..one of the worst ever’.
    He’s shovelling out his revenge in bucket loads.

jonnyboi

Huge vindication of JC tonight

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheer up right wingers, Swindon south stays blue. CCHQ nerves jangling again.

kimbers

kate hoey was good as minister for sport under blair but might be paying price for brexit support

I know people in her constituency who were very upset with her about Brexit

aracer
    Free Member

They even got almost half the majority of the last election.

Klunk
    Free Member

Andrew Marr

It’s absolutely clear that Jeremy Corbyn’s position as leader is safe for as long as he wants it to be.

geologist
    Free Member

Hang on you lot !
    4 day working week and 100 percent cycle lane pledge ! What’s not to like about the Greens????
    I guess if you don’t work then labour are appealing and if your a millionaire then the tories work for you , but for most of us it’s all lies and no one works .

jonnyboi

Possible Tory wipeout in London, holy shit

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cripes. Labour nicking seats in Scotland.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m wondering whether the commentary about where the UKIP vote is going is somewhat mistaken. The assumption seems to be that the existing vote for Lab/Con is relatively static and the UKIP vote is splitting between them. Could it not be that most of the UKIP vote is going Tory, but lots of previous Tory votes (from remainers?) are going to Labour?

Regarding the exit polls, I’m yet to see anything to suggest they’re wrong.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,257 total)

The topic ‘Official STW General Election Night thread’ is closed to new replies.