Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Election Doorstep Propaganda part 2 – what’ve you got?
  • athgray
    Free Member

SNP, Labour, Tory and Lib Dem leaflets. In all honesty I put them all straight in the recycling without reading except the Conservative ones which get used to line our hamsters cage.

Cougar

Had one addressed to my wife through the door this evening….

Slight issue is she died in September

All other things aside, sorry for your loss dude.

ajantom

A personalised one from Boris himself for me today. It’s been burnt.

No Lab or Libdem ones, but a couple from our local independent candidate, Clair Wright, who actually has a shout at beating the Toss pots this time round. We even had Hugh Grant in Sidmouth today supporting her.

Still think it’ll be Tory win here, albeit with a reduced majority. You could stick a blue tie on a rotting pig round here and the tossers would vote for it 😡

hjghg5
    Free Member

Personalised ones to the OH from labour and Brexit party. Nothing for me.

Others – labour, lib dem, green. More labour than anything else. The conservative candidate in this seat was suspended for anti semitism so we haven’t had anything from them. As such I think we’ll be a relatively safe labour seat (we already were with Tories 2nd on about 50% of the labour vote and none of the others getting above about 2000, and the Tories have shot themselves in the foot with the issue that could have won them votes here with a big Jewish community, although the labour guy is actually Jewish anyway).

FuzzyWuzzy

The mock newspapers should be banned, OK you probably shouldn’t be allowed to vote if you think they’re real/independent but they are literally fake news. It’s as though campaign managers got together and thought of a way they could take the piss and stick two fingers up to an electorate fed up with lies and broken promises from politicians.

As for the door knockers, one upside to having to get CCTV installed thanks to a crazy ex is I can just ignore them.

akira

I had the Jehovah’s round canvasing, don’t seem to have any policies on the NHS.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I had the Jehovah’s round canvasing, don’t seem to have any policies on the NHS.

Pretty sure they have a clear policy regarding the Blood Transfusion Service.

Trimix
    Free Member

Its quite amusing / sad to read this thread about leaflets.

Seems no one enjoys them, no one believes them and despite almost half the population voting to leave the EU, no one on the thread seems to like the Brexit party.

Its difficult to view our process as a good democracy in practice.

richmtb

The only targeted ones I’ve had are from the Tories. This seems a bit strange as I’m in Glasgow East and there is more chance of me winning the next series of Love Island than the Tories winning my seat.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You could stick a blue tie on a rotting pig round here and the tossers would vote for it

Getting voted for is the least of its worries.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Does anyone actually think leaflets make a difference ?

I’d say not, if it wasn’t the fact my Gran almost voted BNP towards the end of her life due to a ‘well reasoned’ leaflet, She was a mixed-race, half-Muslim Daughter of an immigrant – first against the wall / on the Boat if they ever came to power.

I miss the BNP, you knew where you stood with them, it’s a shame really that UKIP, Brexit Party and well, the Tories of late have taken their voter base.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Mother-in-law had a doorknocker claiming to be LibDem candidate and could they rely on her vote? They left the name, she thought that it was suspicious – checked it out it was the name of the local Brexit candidate.

Assumedly they thought that the older demographic in the area would be soft targets for a little dishonest persuasion, but they hadn’t met my M I L 🤣

FuzzyWuzzy

OK that’s a new low and presumably illegal but hey this is modern politics I guess.

Give it a year or two and DeepFakes will be so convincing parties are going to pay for slots on channels at normal news program times and we’ll have entire party political broadcasts masquerading as TV news.

maycontainnuts

Getting voted for is the least of its worries

Lol’d at this

I’ve only had LD. They put the same message as seen elsewhere in this thread. “We are the only real alternative to the Tories in this constituency”. They even used a bar graph, no less, from some low turn out by election to try and highlight this.

Unfortunately that comes unstuck when you look at the results in the last GE. Where they got less than 9% of the vote compared with 29% for Labour.

Depressingly I’m in a safe, 14k majority Tory area, but even so it’s still splitting the vote against the Tories ensuring no doubt another 4 years of sir cockwomble as MP.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

We had a personal letter from the LD candidate today, saying ‘thanks’ for our time when she called & spoke to us the other night, & hoped she could count on our votes.
    Lying bitch that she is, no-one called.

Depressingly I’m in a safe, 14k majority Tory area,

14K, is that all? Try Harrogate with double that.

dovebiker

Nothing, nada, zip apart from a few pieces of paper stuffed through the door. In a true-blue, safe Tory seat that narrowly voted leave and encumbered with an ERG nut job.

MoreCashThanDash

Lib Dem and Labour today.

Plus one from an independent candidate in the neighbouring constituency 🤷‍♂️

baboonz
    Free Member

How do you guys get so much online ads? Most of the stuff I get is cycling.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Election Doorstep Propaganda part 2 – what’ve you got?’ is closed to new replies.