• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Elbow pads – which ones
  • Premier Icon pb2

I have done a search before putting this up, can anyone recommend a decent pair of elbow pads ? Thnx Paul

Premier Icon doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive only recently started to wear elbow pads, G-form pro, think I may have bought them for Ard Rock, Ive not had a fall in them but they feel great, thin enough to wear under a long sleeve top and dont even notice you have them on.

Premier Icon geoffj

Junior has the Fox Launch Enduro offerings which he seems to like in an unobtrusive kind of way.

Premier Icon Northwind

Trouble is, I also didn’t notice I had them on when I crashed, they’re about as protective as a long sleeve jersey.

TBH elbow pads have a pretty difficult job to do, I reckon there’s more bad ones than good. POC Bones are the only ones I’ve ever really liked but they’re expensive and stupid looking.

Premier Icon geoffj

I know, but he also tried some storm trooper esque ones which were too uncomfortable to wear for more than about 20 minutes. TBH, a broken collar bone / shoulder is more likely and there ain’t to protection for that šŸ˜

Premier Icon mehr
    Free Member

Scott grenade pro ii’s, light, unobtrusive and D30

Premier Icon blitz

Really happy with my IXS Flow’s (and the knee pads too). Not bulky, stay in place and don’t rub.

Premier Icon patagonian
    Free Member

Fox Launch here, I went to the Evans warehouse at Gatwick (very useful when you are waiting to pick someone up on an incoming flight) and tried most makes – I found them to be the best fit/value.

Premier Icon tdog
    Free Member

+1 on the Scott brand trail skin type with D30 protection stuff.
    Think my Scott knee and elbows are called soldier 2s.

Have yet to test them in a crash (famous last words anyone) but they seem unobtrusive as mentioned above and comfy.

I were going to go Dainese as previous kit has been but thought Iā€™d jump ship try something different.
    The D30 material gets firmer e.g. more protective the harder it is being hit as I experimented on my brother. šŸ˜†

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Elbow pads – which ones’ is closed to new replies.