Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Elbow pads
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Are there any that actually stay in position? I don’t usually use them for DH but off to Whistler in a few weeks and might get some new ones to replace my 661s that always slip down.

Northwind

My POC Bones stay where they’re put… Very comfy, massive protection, basically superb. But they are expensive, and look a bit stormtroopery.

My old 661s were excellent wrist protectors 😉

cnud
    Free Member

Just purchased some RaceFace rally from crc as they are on offer because my POC bones slipped on my last crash. Seem ok but they’re quite tight if you go by their sizing chart. Probably a good thing I suppose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    timidwheeler
    Free Member

http://www.biketart.com/289109/products/Troy-Lee-Designs-Shock-Doctor-EG-5550-Elbow-Forearm-Guard-Black.aspx?origin=pla?kwd=&gclid=CJja5LPP3bgCFY7LtAodA3AA9w

I really like these. I bought them on holiday and tried on eight different pairs in the shop. These were the best by a long way. I have since worn them on all day rides and they have been great. Only negative is the weird tan lines.

They only cover half the forearm so aren’t too warm. They do an elbow-only version but I doubt that will be as stable. It’s the sock bit over the forearm muscle that holds it in place.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Alpinstar – Morzine
    Got some of these, really happy and I got them at a nice price.

legend
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    My POC Bones stay where they’re put… Very comfy, massive protection, basically superb. But they are expensive, and look a bit stormtroopery.

POC VPDs do the job very nicely too, minus the stormtrooper issue

mikewsmith
    Free Member

POC VPDs do the job very nicely too, minus the stormtrooper issue

yes but the do look a bit arm warmer really 😉

The Poc’s look like one of the few hard shell elbows to actually work. If you want hard shell they are probably the ones to go for. I’m not doing much that I want the hard shell for anymore hence the soft Alpinstars. If I was back in the rocks a lot the POC would be on the list again.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hmmm those POCs are nice, but they are pricey for something I’ll use for a couple of weeks.

nickdavies

POC VPD’s have been on sale at cycle surgery for a couple of weeks @ £50 a pop…

pitcherpro
    Free Member

POC vpd’s are comfy and work well ….but mine seem to fall down a lot 😥

Northwind

mikewsmith – Member

The Poc’s look like one of the few hard shell elbows to actually work. If you want hard shell they are probably the ones to go for. I’m not doing much that I want the hard shell for anymore hence the soft Alpinstars.

See, that’s more or less what I thought when I got mine… But then they turned out to be comfier and less sweaty than any soft pads I’ve used, just because they’re so much less enclosing.

I am aware I look like a total dobber while wearing them, but then we all do, all the time- we’re adults riding children’s toys round and round in circles, silly elbow pads are the least of my problems :mrgreen:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I am aware I look like a total dobber while wearing them, but then we all do, all the time- we’re adults riding children’s toys round and round in circles, silly elbow pads are the least of my problems

🙂
    Yep most people don’t know how stupid the look normally 😀

I never got to try the POC’s but just heard great reviews, the alpinstars were a bit of a revelation being comfy and staying in place

Northwind

Is it the Morzines you have? They look pretty good

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah, they have stopped importing their bike gear into Oz though so might have to pick up the last set of knees at some point to.

longmover
    Free Member

I’m using IXS Flow pads, they stay in place pretty well, the sizes are a bit on the small side though, ideal for the skinny armed.

mikey74
    Free Member

POC VPD’s have been on sale at cycle surgery for a couple of weeks @ £50 a pop…

Not any more, unfortunately.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Elbow pads’ is closed to new replies.