Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Elbow in Concert “on the Red Button”
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

Well bugger me they’re good at this orchestral stuff!!!

After seeing them live in Delamere Forest last summer I realised just how good they were live, but this is something totally different and great

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Watched this t’other night Steve having had Seldom Seen Kid playing continously for the last month. Fantastic hour of digital TV. Unfortunately not seen them live yet. They’re sold out in Sheff for their March gig. There are some tickets on FleaBay but the sellers want my house in exchange.

steve_b77
    Free Member

They are awesome live, even better in the outside a la mini festival

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    conkerman
    Free Member

what channel??

mt
    Free Member

Watched it, thought it was so good watched it again loud.

conkerman
    Free Member

found it 🙂

Bloody hell, better live than I thought 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

conker, they are even better in the flesh so to speak, the big felal can’t ‘alf sing

conkerman
    Free Member

Not wrong mate,

Elbow have been one of my fave bands since asleep in the back, they are one of those bands I have never got to see live. Bloody Sky+ won’t let me record it 🙁

A happy conks for seeing a bit of live Elbow.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Elbow just get better and better. I saw them live supporting Muse many years ago and to be honest they weren’t much cop, but have seen them headline outdoor festivals since and they are infinitely better. Check out last year’s Glastonbury performance of One Day Like This. Even the violinists recognise something special is going on and can’t stop smiling.

fwb2006
    Free Member

Yeah, its fantastic. Been listening to them from their first album (asleep in the back) they are amazing live, can’t wait to see them again in Edinburgh in March. Yeah, the orchestra can tell there is something going on and they’re part of it.

toby1

There is a cd or cd/dvd double pack coming out of the show …. just in case you were interested 🙂

conkerman
    Free Member

Tower Crane driver has left me really impressed.

Its a big song and it was pulled off! 🙂

Conks

colnagokid

Never took any notice of the in the past, then saw them at Glastonbury(on the telly-I couldnt stand all that mud/portable bogs!) and went out and got Seldom Seen Kid & back catalogue. Brilliant!!!
    Toby1 do you know when thats out?

andywhit
    Free Member

Not really noticed them before, watched the red button prog and was blown away. Have now recorded it on the PVR and bought the CD.

macmclaren
    Free Member

im on virgin and cant find it on catch up. Any pointers

andywhit
    Free Member

It’s available on digital red button (any BBC channel I think) or online here:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/event/elbow/

franksinatra

I agree, top stuff. But… does anyone else think the lead singer look s a bit David Brent?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Am off to see them in Edinbugh next month….can’t wait!

Kahurangi

Am I the only one who wasn’t toally impressed with the choir and orchestra all the time? they worked great on some songs, but out of place and badly balanced at time. The Fix was also really flat.

Dunno if I’d pay the £20 asked for the cd/dvd

CountZero

They’ve been one of my absolute favourite bands since Asleep… I’ve seen them four or five times, and I’ve got tickets for Bristol next month. Not heard this gig yet, applied for tickets but didn’t get any (sniff), but I had an email from the band avertising the cd and DVD so put in a pre-order straight away. Release date is sometime in March. I noticed the blonde violinist on the Glasto coverage had this huge sh*t-eating grin all over her face right through the set, I thought they’re gonna have to make her suck a lemon to wipe that smile off.

djglover
    Free Member

Am I the only one who wasn’t toally impressed with the choir and orchestra all the time? they worked great on some songs, but out of place and badly balanced at time. The Fix was also really flat.

Dunno if I’d pay the £20 asked for the cd/dvd

I really enjoyed it, but you are right, Ground for divorce, for example, sounded all wrong. Others sounded bloody good though

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Elbow in Concert “on the Red Button”’ is closed to new replies.