Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Elbow armour recommendations
  • st

My current Dainese 4X elbow pads are starting to fail, they’ve done well but the velcro is working loose and the elastic traps are stretching so I’m on the look out for some new ones.

They aren’t used for general riding just rides out on the local DH trails and the occasional uplift.

I’ve got 661 Kyle Straits for my knees and they seem pretty good so I was wondering about these 661 elbow guards http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=72460
    as I fancy trying some sleeve types ones rather than the palstic covered strap on (fnar) type.

I don’t want to spend more than I need to but don’t want bargain basement crappy ones either.

Ta.

Kahurangi

I found the 661 Rage ones very comfy for extended periods of riding. Good shape and a hard plastic elbow outside. Like the knee pads though, the Riot pads are very poor in comparison.

From the reviews, these seem to be based on the old Veggie pads, which were awful.

Northwind

The Riots are the latest version of the Vege/Chicken Wings, which were absolutely useless. Too small and stiff so they had to be strapped on incredibly tight to have any chance of staying in place, I had to choose either really noticable discomfort and restriction, or ending every descent with them round my wrists. Just rotten.

My POC Bones look silly, but they’re comfortable, protective, they stay in the right place and they’re not even very sweaty as they’re so open- the pad is made right so it wants to stay in the right place, it doesn’t need to be forced on with massive straps and socks. But they are expensive.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve just got a set of POC bones and they are great. Really nice fit and very comfortable. Not the cheapest tho 🙁 but quality comes at a price

scruff
    Free Member

Shirley you need more Dainese so you can see your tats through the fishnet? 😛

wallop

Have a look at G Form or Troy Lee Shock Doctor elbow or elbow/forearms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Elbow armour recommendations’ is closed to new replies.