Egg beater longevity.

Home Forum Bike Forum Egg beater longevity.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Egg beater longevity.
  • Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Which one has the best bearing life?

ti_pin_man

I thought each years model had the same bearings, thus life of the bearings is equally poor/good.

I have many on many bikes and have used them for many years, since they came out and subjectively they have improved in terms of the length of life I get out of a set. So if you buy a new model you’ll do better than when they first came out.

Time.

😉

daver27

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Time.

wrong, Shimano. 😆

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

2/3/11 all have a 3 (or 5, I forget) year guarantee on the bearings, 1s don’t.

ti_pin_man

Shimano

but then when the shimano are dead they are dead and cant be rebuilt. 😉

2/3/11 all have a 3 (or 5, I forget) year guarantee on the bearings, 1s don’t.

No they don’t, or if they do 2pure are just ignoring me. My older ones lasted about 18 months, the newer ones lasted about 6 weeks.

Then I bought some shimano pedals, OK so they won’t work so well in the snow/ice, but they’ll survive the other 51weeks of the year.

Buying rebuild kits costs more than 520’s, and they come with ‘free’ cleats!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

1 and maybe 2 have bushings, 3 has cartridge bearings and needle roller, Replacement on the new ones is about 10 mins.
    They also have this very handy thing called a web page
    http://www.crankbrothers.com/pedals_eggbeater3.php
    with lots of these answers on it 😉

daver27

ti_pin_man – Member
    Shimano
    but then when the shimano are dead they are dead and cant be rebuilt.

nope. easily re-buildable cartridge axle, and if its beyond repair you just screw a new one in. not that i’ve managed to kill one in the last 10 years!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Egg beater longevity.’ is closed to new replies.