Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Eeek! Silly London Cyclist Video
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t be frightened, Toppers! 🙂

We’re gonna have fun. It’s gonna be a right laff!

alpin
    Free Member

back in february whilst on Gran Canaria i saw a work colleague’s friend laying on the edge of the road, his head framed by a pool of his own blood.

the accident which caused his death was due to him not paying attention/being a dick, but to say someone deserved to be maimed is stupid. it’s not nice for the individual, his family and friends or any other passers by.

the guy in th video is a lucky fool and will hopefully take a little time to think about how close he came to crippling his and other people’s lives.

toppers3933
    Free Member

yep im looking forward to it. should be a giggle. so long as my bike is built in time. dont fancy running round!!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    glenp
    Free Member

Very often these days you her people say things like they (an organisation/land owner/whatever) are worried about injuries because of the compensation culture – in fact most people just don’t want to see another person injured, even if they are being a dick at the time.

Harry_the_Spider

What a clown!

I really don’t get the point of riding a bike that you can’t stop in heavy traffic.

I thought the driver of the black car was very restrained. There must have been an impact of some sort. If it had been me in the car I would have 1) Checked that he was OK 2) Extracted the value of the necessary repairs from him.

aracer
    Free Member

Do you lot have better eyesight than me? I know it might be the stereotype, but how can you tell he has no front brake?

Though the cyclist in blue who’s presumably seen the first incident and then proceeds to go through the same “gap” is surely more stupid.

Coleman
    Free Member

Looks like he does a fixie skid to try and stop prior to going through gap – would indicate no brakes!

scaredypants

how can you tell he has no front brake?

guess, I think – he’s obv skidding the rear and not slowing down, so absent/ineffective/unused = “no” front brake

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

People are idiots … whether in control of a bike or a bus! Though feel sorry for the drivers in this case. If people took safety more seriously then less accidents would happen, but we’re all too pea brained and super macho to believe it would happens to us … and so we continue to take stupid risks and leave the lid at home on a frequent basis – we are after all … a pretty stupid species!

DezB
    Free Member

I just love the way they BEEEEEP! their horns after they’ve squidged him.
    What a tit.And that’s coming from me. The “idiot” 🙂

ampthill

You do wonder if we need a machanism for repeat offenders to be taken off the road…..

i think there is a case for taking action against people who don’t have some sort of sensible brakes.

I’ve watched it a few times, he would have been so much better off with a front brake

dazh

You do wonder if we need a machanism for repeat offenders to be taken off the road…..

I’m pretty certain that the last thing we need is another method for the authorities and car driving community to victimise cyclists.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

ampthill – Member

We could stand at the side of the road with gun…..

Rapha shorts – BANG

Fixie – BANG

Lycra – BANG

You get the idea

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm – I was right with you up to lycra.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

OK – You can only wear lycra if you are young and slim. an no old saggy lycra either

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I only hope he learns a big lesson from that experience. And yes, in this case he got away without seriously injuring himself or anybody else. However I suspect that there is some fallout from this in that one or both vehicles will surely have been scratched at the very least. I hope the idiot had the decency to exchange some details and be prepared to pay for the repairs.

7hz
    Free Member

Like the way the protagonist throws his bike against the wall at the end, front wheel mashed. What an utter idiot. Bus must have rolled over his wheel, and missed him (on the deck). That is one quick way to die, as evidenced by other reports in this thread – you don’t live through being run over by a bus (or a car for that matter).

Interesting to see the traffic / cyclists in London. Here is a breakdown of the cyclists in that video:

1 – fixie, no helmet, no brakes (crashes)
    2 – util
    3 – ?, no helmet
    4 – ?
    5 – fixie, no helmet, no brakes
    6 – fixie, no helmet, no brakes
    7, ?
    8 – fixie, front brake
    9 – util,
    10 – fixie, no helmet, no brakes
    11 – road
    12 – road
    13 – road

So thats:

13 cyclists
    8 with helmet, 5 with no helmet
    5 fixies, 4 with no breaks or helmet

Clearly, 30% of cyclists in London are fashonistas with a death wish!

tomaso
    Free Member

He has no brakes other than a fixed gear…

thehustler
    Free Member

Also got to wonder what dameage he did to the car and bus (scratches etc) that he rides off not caring about

brakes
    Free Member

Interesting to see the traffic / cyclists in London

It is an area renowned for fixed gear hipsters, it’s not a fair representation of the full London cycling population
    I commute down that road every day

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yeah, Hackney is where all the “creatives” live and they love their fixies. Notice the the trouser rolled up on *both* legs as well.

kimbers

fixie, retro racing cap instead of helmet , courier bag, converse and straps, tiny bars for extra twitchiness, yep he ticks all the boxes for an ice-cold london cyclist

in my helmet, mtb gloves, shimano spd shoes, padded shorts on a geared mtb with v brakes im positively fashion proof

juan
    Free Member

ha ha ha ha ha elfin is doing mayehm. Does he have all his jabs up to date.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

fixie, retro racing cap instead of helmet , courier bag, converse and straps, tiny bars for extra twitchiness, yep he ticks all the boxes for an ice-cold london cyclist grade A twunt.

FTFY

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Does he have all his jabs up to date.

All dosed and ready, Juan. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

finally got a chance to see the vid (firewall at work, wifi in the pub here)

WHat a prize bona fides twit.

as one of the earlier posters said, every shade of rubbish urban cyclecraft going on there.

Soooooo many cyclists out this morning, a joy to see.

For those in the provinces it may surprise you to know that cycling in London is now absolutely MASSIVE. not just big, but over the 15 years Ive been cycling the city numbers must have increased 5-10 fold.

It is its own critical mass now – without the unwashed hippy angry riding that Critical Mass thought it needed to be. Taxi drivers are far more thoughtful and observant ive noticed. Even peds are starting to think bike more often. For every Saxo boy racer/rep in a BMW/yummymummyX5childkiller there’s a hoxton haircut/rustycarbunclerider/lycra speeedster. Theres always going to be anti social riders as there are antisocial drivers, but the sheer number of good riders out there in the city really is working. its a joy to see it develop and I think cynicism can be suspended enough to celebrate it these days.

jeez Ive got all cheerful. how did that happen?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jeez Ive got all cheerful. how did that happen?

Good wine and good company, perhaps?

Stoner
    Free Member

you lot dont count as good company!

And Im not being social in here ATM
    9:30pm finish with the client. need beer and to tune out.

Where’s that elfin white noise when you need it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well screw you too! 😉

(thought you might have been at home, BTW! Just back from Paris myself and full to the brim with fine chablis, William Fevre were at my hotel doing degustation, so I gatecrashed….!)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where’s that elfin white noise when you need it?

Here I am! 😀

For every Saxo boy racer/rep in a BMW/yummymummyX5childkiller there’s a hoxton haircut/rustycarbunclerider/lycra speeedster

While your busy stereotyping, you forgot to add the fluoro jacket wearing spoddy middle aged Brompton grump….

But as you say, good to see more cyclists out there on the streets. Less cars more bikes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fair play to you Londoners that cycle in the city. I had to cycle there recently during rush hour and I thought it was truly ghastly.

Filthy, crowded, manic, idiots on every mode of transport. Not for me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s cos you don’t know the roads, innit? Plenty of shortcuts and safer routes, but takes time to learn ’em.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was being led by some locals. Having just done LEJOG we stopped at a set of lights and both of them almost in unison said…

“We need to leave this place” (albeit using slightly more colourful language)

Like I say, fair play to you, but I thought it was grim. The smell of the polution… horrible.

MrSmith
    Free Member

We could stand at the side of the road with gun…..

Rapha shorts – BANG

Fixie – BANG

Lycra – BANG

You get the idea

why do you want to shoot me? my fixed gear bike(with front brake) rapha jersey and lycra (only worn for longer rides not commuting) haven’t done anything to you? i don’t jump red lights or cycle like a prick. why should i be lumped in with those cretins?

seen plenty of idiots on cheap mtb’s pulling similar moves and coming off worse, shall i include all you mtb’ers on here with the same tosspot cyclist label?

i sometimes think this forum is part of a daily mail conspiracy wanting to cleanse middle England of it’s undesirable mores and to direct it’s moral compass to the placid waters of mediocrity and conformity.

kimbers

tsy
    yep its a major buzz, highlight of my day!
    you need balls though its not for pussy sasquatches!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have no sense of smell so I’m ok. 😀

You think it’s bad here; never ever try to cycle in Manhattan. 😯

you need balls though its not for pussy sasquatches!

Yeah, it’s not for whiny little softies.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahh… so I need to take a blow to the head and lose my sense of smell to make me big and tough and make London cycling tolerable. 🙂

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

to be fair he doesn’t really ‘ride off not caring’. more limps to side with funked up front wheel. total fanny

samuri
    Free Member

Yep. Idiot. Not sure he deserves to die but really, what a prat. Get some brakes, and judge gaps better.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Sense of smell lost due to sinus infection. Blow to head only improved mental capacity. 🙂

so I need to take a blow to the head and lose my sense of smell to make London cycling tolerable.

No, you need to MTFU. You ponce.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Eeek! Silly London Cyclist Video’ is closed to new replies.