Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Eeek! Silly London Cyclist Video
  • letmetalktomark

Apologies if this has already bee posted

[video]http://vimeo.com/24136878[/video]

😯 😯 😯 😯

Could have been so much worse – Made me feel a bit ill the thought of what could have happened …….

Glad to see the cyclist who was filming stopped 😆

llama

what a nob, hope he learnt his lesson, I’d never chance that one.

he didn’t even look when he switched to the centre in front of that van

(and no helmet)

bigyinn
    Free Member

And we wonder sometimes why motorists hate us?

WTF was he thinking going for that gap vs. a bus? He deserved to get maimed for that stupidity.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Absolute tw*t!

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I’m not sure ‘that was really stupid’ even covered it, it must be difficult for drivers in areas like that to deal with all those kamikaze cyclists, people will undoubtedly disagree with me but if that was me in London, I’d wait patiently behind the vehicle in that situation and I’d be wearing Hi-Viz to give the drivers a better chance of seeing me instead of all those cyclists on the video in dark clothing.

Lunatics, no amount of ”time” is worth your life. 😯

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

well “mental mickey” i suggest that your forum name isn’t exactly fitting! 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Darwin will take care of him. Another one removed from the gene pool

Coleman
    Free Member

Oops! No brakes! Fixie skid not enough! But narrow bars, I can get through easy. Or perhaps not!
    Thankfully survives to ride another day.

younggeoff

bagstard said it all, complete and utter nob 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Fakenger fool.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

jontydewolfe – Member
    well “mental mickey” i suggest that your forum name isn’t exactly fitting!

The word to describe the action in that video is ‘idiotic’, not ‘mental’. 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

He was following scooter, then the bus moved, then he tried to stop, then he was lucky.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He deserved to get maimed for that stupidity.

No he doesn’t. No more so than anyone who rides a bicycle off road does.

He took a calculated risk, and got it wrong. Very lucky not to have bin seriously hurt. However, he doesn’t put anyone else in danger, just himself.

He is an idiot and shouldn’t be riding a bike in a congested urban area, if that’s his attitude to road safety. But hey, compare him to some idiot who drives a car far too fast on public roads; who is more dangerous to others?

Love the way the cam guy says ‘stoopid’, but was following him at some speed up until the incident… 🙄

kimbers

fixies are for fools!

IdleJon

llama – Member

he didn’t even look when he switched to the centre in front of that van

It didn’t look as if the ‘camera’ bike did either.

And if a pedestrian had been standing on the chevrons on the far side of that van, would either bike have been able to stop?

Plenty of poor riding on evidence in that video, not just the idiot who crashed.

toppers3933
    Free Member

kimbers, why?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

However, he doesn’t put anyone else in danger, just himself.

I saw a brain on the road once. I stared at it for 20-30 seconds trying to figure out what that peach-grey lump in the bloody streak was, but it just wouldn’t compute. The guy had been knocked over by a bus and his head had pretty much exploded under the wheel. Every time I get to that part of town the memory comes back to. I have to wonder how the person who was driving the bus that day feels when they get there.

brakes
    Free Member

that’s Old St heading West, he’s probably out of the comfort zone of Brick Lane/ Bethnal Green Road and is panicking a bit
    fixers/ messengers/ fakengers are normally a bit more 8) than that, he must have been watching those NYC videos

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

fixies are for fools!

They should be banned, imo. Well, the ones without brakes, certainly. They are a menace.

Sadly, with more and more cyclists on the roads, we’ll see more and more idiots too. Same as with car drivers. Most are just crap drivers, but some are downright dangerous.

Personally, after making sure the bloke was ok, I’d have bawled him out there and then for being a dick. Maybe a bit of public humiliation mightuv made him realise his actions aren’t condoned by others, and that he just looks an idiot and gives the rest of us a bad name.

If he’d bin wearing silly clothes, I’duv given him a good kicking as well for good measure.

toppers3933
    Free Member

thats minging^^^

toppers3933
    Free Member

i honestly dont know how people can ride a fixed without any brakes. ive tried it on mine just around the block and it was hideous. i got off and walked home.

atlaz
    Free Member

I reckon my commute is 20% longer because of stopping at lights, not hurling myself through small gaps than it would be if I rode like a ****. Course, not sure how much of that saved time would be “reclaimed” by the quite possible hospital stay.

float
    Free Member

fixies are fun to ride, but id never ride one on roads as mental as that. you need to be able to stop properly and quickly, something that brakes do better than even the champion fixie skidder.

hes an idiot, but hopefully that’ll be a wakeup call. glad he survived.

tomaso
    Free Member

He went for a gap and misjudged it. I think he needs to recalibrate his risk appetite! He will come to a very messy end if he continues like that.

As for not doing anyone else any harm – utter tosh! If when he swerved onto the other side of the road/chevroned area he’d collided with another cyclist/motorcyclist they would both be injured. If it was a car then the motorist could be mentally traumatised. To think that an accident only affects the person taking the risks and who gets injured is facile. If he had got squashed between the 4×4 and bus all the passengers that witnessed his bloody mess would be traumatised.

Hitting cars really bloody hurts and for the sake of a few seconds here and there he just needs to knock down a notch.

Perhaps he thinks everyone is watching him carve the street and viewing him as some sort of urban street hero?

glenp
    Free Member

Even if he’d made the gap, he’d set himself up for danger because he let the bus and truck obscure him from view. Bad riding on just about every level.

When making a calculated risk I think you have to say to yourself would I be happy if the other vehicle took the same risk with me – if you wouldn’t be happy for a bus to wander over so close to you then why the f would you do so close to it?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

fixies are for fools!

They should be banned, imo. Well, the ones without brakes, certainly. They are a menace.

they are. You must have a front brake as well to comply with the law.

It was a closing gap – something you should never go for. I go thru tiny gaps sometimes but never if they are closing on you.

toppers3933
    Free Member

he defo sees himself as a street hero. be a dead one if he carries on like that.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If…

If…

If…

I was responding to the brainless comment that ‘he deserved to be maimed’. Fact is he din’t endanger or harm anyone else. Would’ve taught him a lesson to get done for causing an accident or something though.

I’ve done silly things on a bike in town. Stuff I look back on now and see myself as an idiot for taking such risks.

You live and learn, and hopefully become a bit more sensible. Or you die.

Hopefully this knob will have learned something.

toppers3933
    Free Member

due to me being on elfins team at mayhem (I think) im going to agree with him.

ski
    Free Member

😯 Mad!

A Darwin candidate for the near future!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s for the best, Toppers. 😀

Or I’ll make you do extra laps….

toppers3933
    Free Member

yep, defo agreeing.

he’s right you know, he’s always right!! 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Heh! Keep it up…. 8)

McHamish
    Free Member

My mother is a counsellor and she has a lot of clients who have been involved in an accident in which someone died.

Some have attempted suicide because someone went under their car through no fault of the driver.

oldgit
    Free Member

If only his bike was made by ‘Proffessor Pat Pending’…nah youre probably all too young.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i just think whats the bloody rush. we all take risks to a greater or lesser degree, but imo that is an example of a risk too far.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

When you’re racing for me, Toppers, I want you to take risks. I want you to push yourself beyond your limits. I want you to shed blood.

The only thing I don’t want you to take, is prisoners. Crush them, mind, body and spirit. Grind them into the dirt like the dogs they are.

Winning is all that matters. No place for losers on my team….

McHamish
    Free Member

hehe…that is the perfect pre school sports day pep-talk for a Dad to give to his young son. I think I’ll make a note of it.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i’ll speak to bullheart about changing teams then i recon. you sound a bit mental. 😯

glenp
    Free Member

I think he does risk other people.

As pointed out, he risks the trauma to others that may end up colliding with him.

He also puts all cyclists at risk to a small degree, but being yet another example to feed-in to the idea that all cyclists are dangerous and therefore asking for it.

Plus, just by arrogantly trying to beat the normal flow of the road to such an extreme degree he is taking to the road as a confrontational, rather than cooperative, system. If you go out there fighting, you’re going to get in a fight – quite different to being assertive.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Eeek! Silly London Cyclist Video’ is closed to new replies.