Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • EE the phone company
  • mickmcd
    Free Member

Anyone rate em?

Kryton57

Out of what? 10? 100? For what service?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Been with them 4 years, no issues other than they occationally send me random SMSs to say I’ve used 90% of my data when I haven’t.

Wifi calling with iPhones means I get better coverage than ever before and since their merger with orange they should have the best coverage of any UK provider.

Mine is Company providered so I don’t pay the bills or have to deal with them for that stuff so results may differ.

alric
    Free Member

I use plusnet, which uses EE.
    I live in Milton Keynes and often get no signal at home , so I miss calls etc
    Also I get no signal a lot when I’m driving around the countryside
    I can’t say if you’d get a different connection if you have plain EE

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Been with them since inception (Having transferred through the various mergers/acquisitions).

Fast 4G even out here in the boondocks.

I recently had two phone issues;
    1 – Phone just stopped working. Replaced almost overnight. Then, a couple of months later,
    2 – I dropped my phone on a kettle bell. As you do. My fault entirely. Claimed through phone insurance at 1400ish. Replacement arrived at around 0930 the next day.

Very pleased with them.

gordimhor

Was with them for 5 or 6 years good coverage all over the highlands but not in the area where I’ve been working for the last year or so which is the only reason I switched

garage-dweller

They’re OK if you can block the blasted home broadband resellers from cold calling you.

4G coverage is consistently good most places that we go except bizarrely in my firm’s London office where it is effectively zero.

The cheap Chinese EE branded phones have turned out to be bobbins. Ok for the first six months then increasingly crashy and unreliable in a way that no other mainstream branded phone I’ve had has been.

Customer service is mixed ime. Local store is good, phone based services hit and miss.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought they where poor having originally been a T-Mobile customer. Moved to Three who are vastly superior, have had free European data for 4 (?) years now. 4G for the price of a standard 3G contract.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I tried 3 for a bit but coverage was crap in Huddersfield, very good when you had a good signal but it dropped off very quickly as you went out the centre of town and in buildings.

Been with EE for about 8 years now and their coverage is excellent, speed is always fast and their customer service is amazing. Just tried to leave and they gave me a 128gb iPhone 7 for free and £32 a month for 10gb 4g contract! Woohoo!

CountZero

Just tried to leave and they gave me a 128gb iPhone 7 for free and £32 a month for 10gb 4g contract! Woohoo!

Well, the free phone seems pretty good, but not that long ago O2 phoned me and offered me an upgrade deal on my SIM-only contract of 10Gb/month for £19.
    EE is Orange/T-Mobile, and when I swapped from Orange to O2, porting my number, I was plagued by cold callers trying to offer me upgrade deals for nearly two years afterwards!
    I would never go to any network that has Orange as part of its structure.
    The upgrade I was offered by O2 was the first time I’d been called by them with an offer since I moved, that’s over fifteen years ago.

GrahamS

With EE (SIM-only) because they are the only network with decent reception at my house.

We were with O2 before and regularly missed calls braise we had no signal.

they occationally send me random SMSs to say I’ve used 90% of my data when I haven’t.

Have you checked the data usage on your phone?

Setting->Mobile Data on the iPhone gives you totals and the per-app figures.

You may find some app is hungrily munching through your quota without you realising it.

Drac

Find them superb, great coverage on a recent ultra hike through the borders and Cheviots I had 4G most of the way including near one of the remotest farms in England. I don’t get these cold callers or indeed bombarded by promotions.

I find the WiFi calling awful so I disabled it.

kerley
    Free Member

Used them for years, no problems. Home broadband speeds are limited by BT network but still get around 6MB in semi rural location. Best feature on mobile is wifi calling as I have zero reception in house and just about get 2g in the garden if I am lucky so being able to text and phone on mobile when in house is a bonus.

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab has been with them for mobile for a decade. We’ve never had an issue, they always offer a good deal on a contract to us.

boblo
    Free Member

I moved to them from Vodafone (shudders) a couple of years ago and they have been paragons of vertue in comparison. They’d need to start harvesting small children to be as bad as Vodafone mind you…

molgrips
    Free Member

Excellent for me, been a customer for many years. Network service far better that my work Vodafone.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

I used to work for EE back in the days when it was called one2one!

I’ve been a customer for many years and no major complaints – coverage is a lot better but always check your home/work postcode to be sure.

Contacting customer services is always a gamble I think whenever contacting large companies. I’ve witnessed the poor folks in the call centres handling irate customers and it ain’t an easy task…

RustySpanner

Customer service is mixed ime. Local store is good, phone based services hit and miss

Yup.

T Mobile then EE.
    Very happy, all in all.

Local shops (Burnley and Bury) have both been extremely good.

Best coverage in the places we go regularly, Yorkshire and North Wales.
    Up until recently, they were often the only service available in remoter spots, but the others seem to be catching up.

somafunk

Been with EE for years, they are the only company to offer 4g reception where i live (galloway) and the reception/signal strength is far better than any other provider, i also use them for home broadband – i pay line rental/broadband upfront for a year and it only costs £170 ish for unlimited use.

davidr

I’m with them for both broadband and mobile, mobile for probably 17 years (with a 9 month break to O2, an experience I’d rather forget). Really good, best coverage I’ve had and customer service has always been pretty good too.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Been with them for years (Orange & EE). Always thought they were way too expensive compared to the likes of Three, but the coverage is much better where I need it and 4G speeds are really good with the Max plans especially.

The prices are more competitive now and just got (sim only), unlimited calls & text, 12GB a month, 4G Max, with inclusive roaming EU + US & Canada for £20.

Barely ever need to contact support but they’ve been reasonable.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘EE the phone company’ is closed to new replies.