Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • EE content lock
  • imnotverygood

I take it this is a hijack. I have just has a page pop up saying I can’t access STW as it has adult content, I can switch off the lock by entering my credit card details. Using safari. Never had anything like this before.

wwaswas

I have had issues accessing stw via orange and EE at times due to ‘adult content’ but never got prompted for a card…

taffy
    Free Member

“Adult content” or binners threads?

sandwicheater

I had something similar when I tried to get an address for a pub.

Called EE up and had it removed. It never asked me for card info but was almost 14 months since.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Years ago with Orange STW was deemed as smut and you needed to verify you were over 18 to get it unblocked. The easiest way is with a CC. Call them to confirm though.

dooge
    Free Member

They have a list of ‘adult material’ and I have been amazed what has been on or missed off. The card thing is often a credit card to prove you are over 18, not for payment however I would do it over the phone instead of any popup.

P20

I had a couple of weeks back. Rang them and unblocked everything

muggomagic

I think you should go into the store and find the most attractive female assistant and request that the content lock be removed immediately as it’s seriously affecting your access to your favourite websites. That way you wouldn’t need to use a credit card.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

You don’t need to give a credit card. Just change it in ‘My Account’ on their site

Interestingly, when the ‘My Account’ section of the website goes down you can’t access adult content even if you’ve already tocked the box for it.

CountZero

O2 do the same thing if you’re using their free wifi. I’ve had that issue in the cafe in Chippenham, which is next to the O2 shop, so now iI use Natwest’s free wifi from the other side of the road.
    They don’t seem to give a toss. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘EE content lock’ is closed to new replies.