Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Eduardo cheated to get that penalty.
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Got a lot of respect for the guy coming back from that injury, but that has diminished a bit now.

specialone
    Free Member

haha what a dive, has made my night 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Show me someone who hasn't cheated during footy 😥

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trailmonkey

scotland v france, who cares 🙄

stuartie_c
    Free Member

who cares

Why post then?

lister

want to bet that Wenger knows 'for sure' that it was a definate pen, and will refuse to watch or comment on the replays?

thought eduardo had more class than that.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hmmmm something for England to be wary of when we play Croatia then 'Eduardo the diver' 😕

bear-uk
    Free Member

Its def time to bring in some form of video ref.

higgo
    Free Member

Same old arsenal….

glynP
    Free Member

This is great, the scottish media will go on about how celtic were robbed and how its time for video evidence an Celtic do it every week and get away with in the SPL (specially against the mighty Killie)
    Serves them right!!!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

specially against the mighty Killie

🙂

I feel your pain.

glynP
    Free Member

stuartie-c are you one of us?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Nope – I was being facetious (sorry!)

'Mon the Hoops!

😀

BadlyWiredDog

Because, of course, no-one else in the Premiership has ever dived. Not Rooney. Not Giggs. Not Drogba. Not Owen. Not Ronaldo. It's the end of the world…

Smee
    Free Member

Why not Dunfermline?

Eduardo is a cheating ****.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Why not Dunfermline?

I'm from the West – adopted Fifer these days.

allthepies
    Free Member

Rather academic now anyway 😀

lister

want to bet that Wenger knows 'for sure' that it was a definate pen, and will refuse to watch or comment on the replays?

MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH, this hat of mine that I'm eating is lovely 🙂 He was on the radio just now admiting it was't a pen! WOnders wil never cease…

scaredypants

2 match european ban for that, in my world !

Diving & faking/exaggerating injury are spoiling have spoiled footie IMO – I reckon they should allow managers a limited number of time-outs instead of this expectation that the other team will stop playing when someone gets "hurt". That, plus opposing managers can request video review of 2 incidents per match with a view to punishing players who get away with cheating/fouling on the day.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes he did, footballer cheats shocker. What next blood capsules and being so shit scared of the gaffer you put your career at risk. Pro Sport has bred this no ethics culture. I blame Thatcher.

glynP
    Free Member

Well said pigface, what has happened to us that we take all the glory for a win even though we have cheated, its all went to shit.

Swello
    Free Member

It was magnificent as always to see Sellic come up against the same insurmountable difference in financial strength and resources in the Champions League that us diddy teams face against the OF in the SPL every year – welcome to our world. Even sweeter that there was a dodgy penalty for the big team 🙂

zarquon
    Free Member

Been an Arsenal fan for decades and just HATED to see Eduardo do that, a clear dive, its just wrong, wrong, wrong.

I'd be in favour of post match red cards: any player found to have dived on basis of video evidence give them a match ban afterwards.

Stop cheating gits like Ronaldo and, unfortunately, Eduardo

theflatboy
    Free Member

i love arsenal and i love eduardo. yes he dived and yes it was a shame. it certainly wasn't the worst dive i've seen, though, and i can't really see why the media are getting all upset about this particular incident as if he's the first person ever to have dived?

if he gets banned, and there is the precedent that i didn't know about, then fair enough. it seems somewhat inconsistent, though. 😕

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

what will we have next, sellick fans complaining about refereeing decisions hahahahahahahahahahaha etc *to fade*

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think there is a solution to diving. the media should name and shame. sports programmes on the telly should have a "dive of the month" contest, papers should highlight it and so on. Not " a bit of a soft penalty" but "what a dive"

Ronaldo hated being outed as a diver and cleaned up his act considerably after a while playing in England. Name and shame and use the shame to get divers to change their ways.

theflatboy
    Free Member

retrospective bannings are the way, and would have an almost instant impact. i'd be a bit pissed off if it started with eddy, though, as it was by no means the worst i've seen!

ComradeD
    Free Member

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

retrospective bannings are the way,

In the league, points deductions for the worst offenders would be good.

"Same old Celtic
    Cheating Celtic
    Same Old Celtic
    Cheating Celtic"

theflatboy
    Free Member

according to F365, retrospective bannings might not be allowed anyway:

diving is not a bannable offence according to the rule-book. Simulation is – according to the guidelines set out by all the governing bodies of the game – only worthy of a yellow card. So even if Manuel González had deemed Eduardo to have taken a dive under challenge from Artur Boruc last night then the full extent of the referee's legitimate response would have been a relatively meaningless caution. There's absolutely no basis in law for Eduardo to be suspended. A retrospective ban is essentially illegal.

sounds vaguely plausible.

alwyn
    Free Member

Feel sorry for me, I have no interest in football but live in Glasgow and come from the south. Thanks to this idiot I can't leave my house for the next week.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Feel sorry for me, I have no interest in football but live in Glasgow and come from the south. Thanks to this idiot I can't leave my house for the next week.

Despite the fact that the only English players on show were in the Celtic team?

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

What an absolute s*!t that guy is! He should be banished from the world of football. Yeah, I think all footballers are a bunch of overpaid actors but I hate seeing cheating like that in any sport.

alwyn
    Free Member

Yes, but after a few pints in the Glasgow local people fail to remember that.

theflatboy
    Free Member

Despite the fact that the only English players on show were in the Celtic team?

not quite.

Gary_M
    Free Member

glynP I'm one of us, been a while since we were mighty though. Good game against Hamilton, then shite against Motherwell when we paid to endure the dross.

You wonder why Eduardo felt the need to cheat, they were never going to lose anyway. Didn't see it myself though. Anyway smelltic do it all the time so they can hardly complain.

Thanks to this idiot I can't leave my house for the next week.

You are joking, right?

alwyn
    Free Member

Yes I am joking, but if I wonder into the wrong bar then I could be in more trouble then normal.

scaredypants

diving is not a bannable offence according to the rule-book. Simulation is – according to the guidelines set out by all the governing bodies of the game – only worthy of a yellow card. So even if Manuel González had deemed Eduardo to have taken a dive under challenge from Artur Boruc last night then the full extent of the referee's legitimate response would have been a relatively meaningless caution. There's absolutely no basis in law for Eduardo to be suspended. A retrospective ban is essentially illegal.

I reckon there'll be ways if they want to:
    simulation of a foul, ungentlemanly conduct(?!), disrepute, … ?

theflatboy
    Free Member

you might be right on the disrepute bit, but i would have thought that if there's specific rule for it then it would override it?

scaredypants

I don't think they'll do anything much – especially unilaterally (or retrospectively)

If we stamped out diving here but it continued abroad, international games (club & country) would be as silly as they used to be. Top UK managers would hate it to go that way.

Doubt there'll be ANY ripples abroad over this (issue or incident), so likely to be ignored domestically too

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Eduardo cheated to get that penalty.’ is closed to new replies.