Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Editing sofware for GoPro (mac)
  • ac505
    Free Member

Hi all, any suggestions for video editing software for use on a mac – specifically for GoPro. Have imovie, don’t really fancy going with Final Cut. Anything else out there good and reasonably easy to use?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Using Abdobe Premiere on Windows but I reckon it will be the same on Mac. Got it on the cloud subscription.

It is easy to use once you get the hang of it. It’s also way more powerful than generally needed but that’s not a bad thing.

poonprice
    Free Member

If you can use iMovie you will be able to do some basic editing in Final Cut but you then have scope to learn some of the advance stuff and produce better videos. Final Cut Pro X will also be cheaper than Adobe Premiere CS6.

ac505
    Free Member

at £200, I cant justify it. Looking for something functional for relatively basic home editing of GoPro footage.

jam-bo

What’s wrong with iMovie then?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Imovie here and does everything i want for an edit, i tried final cut (trial) but its not worth the money imho

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Premier elements has enough to get you working and looks professional but isn’t a pile of cash to buy. Ive used Imovie but I didn’t get on with it as much as premier.

cbike
    Free Member

Final cut is easy peasy. The new version is a bit of a learning curve for traditional final cut editors but once you “get it” its much easier. Premier is not that hard either.

MPEG streamclip is handy for converting footage into an editing format rather than super compressed raw footage that makes your machine work hard. You could even edit very basically in that if you wanted.

You might think its expensive but it’s the difference between taking 4 hours to edit, finding and fixing problems, dealing with crashes, losing faith, producing something boring naebody wants to watch or
    taking an hour to produce something elegant and interesting easily, and then spend the rest of the time going riding and making another film! 4 minutes of Helmet cam footage is boring unless attached to a wing suit flyer.

torihada
    Free Member

I’m using Adobe Premiere Elements 11 on an iMac for GoPro footage. Its more capable than iMovie but still easy enough for us amateurs to use. I bought it as a bundle with Adobe Photoshop Elements for about £90

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Editing sofware for GoPro (mac)’ is closed to new replies.