Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Edinburghers – nice time of year !
  • hels
    Free Member

Just musing on how lovely Edinburgh is today.

All the yah students are away.

It’s school holidays so the traffic is minimal, and you can get a sandwich between 11.30 and 13.30 without fighting through hordes of posh offspring.

The hoardings are starting to show all the Festivalia posters, but the Festival Tossers haven’t arrived yet.

And it’s sunny and green.

And we get the best building in Edinburgh back on friday, the Royal Museum !!

geoffj

Twas looking fine at 5:30 this morning as i walked for me train. I wish they’d finish Waverley steps though 👿

cakeeater
    Free Member

I thought the same this morning too. The lack of morning traffic is great and dodging the tourists on the ride home around 5-6pm makes an intersting commute.

maccruiskeen

Its the calm before the festival storm.

When I lived in Edinburgh, just the forming of the thought, ‘what lovely weather, what a lovely city this is to live in’ would be enough to summon the Haar.

hels
    Free Member

I am sure I could get elected to Edinburgh Council with a platform of banning old people and tourists from moving around the city between 08.00 and 10.00 and 16.00 and 18.00, to let tax payer go about their business… kind of a Cooncil version of the Pass Laws.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Indeed it is teh shizzle, even better in Sept when the festival **** have left.

hels
    Free Member

Does anybody remember the Shavers Weekly ? A pub magazine, and every year they ran a headline “Watch Out, Here Come the Festival ****”. Nice one.

cynic-al
    Free Member

heh it was teh shizzle.

rickmeister

Indeed, the seasons come and go, the years pass…

But still the tram works and frigging cones remain…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Edinburghers – nice time of year !’ is closed to new replies.