Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Edinburghers – date for your diary, and anyone else interested in a 'challenge'
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Let me guess.

DGOAB/DruidH/? and TSY, as usual, not pictured 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

?=Sammie Louise and I’m still out there, not like the other shurkers who bailed on lap 16!

Losers.

crimsondynamo
    Free Member

Wow, I saw stripey arm warmers and van nik disc brakes at about 12 noon! I was walking with three greetin’ bairns (all cold and wet), and it was you two I felt sorry for!

Arm warmers was saying her rims were wet and she couldn’t feel her fingers, van nik was boasting about his discos!!!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Dammit, wish we had gone for the podium kiss now 🙂

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, turning up to ride or cheer us on, and to everyone who was committed to the 31laps before the weather turned horrible. A second go will be attempted, perhaps waiting til winter when the weathers better? 🙄

Stripey arm warmers is my partner in crime/road racing pal, sandy 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

A second go will be attempted, perhaps waiting til winter when the weathers better?

If you do it at the same time the ice rink/German Christmas market is there, I might be tempted 8)

?=Sammie Louise

😐

Oh, and no iDave?

druidh
    Free Member

crimsondynamo – Member
    Arm warmers was saying her rims were wet and she couldn’t feel her fingers,

Fnarr, fnarr!

van nik was boasting about his discos!!!

Yeah – 23mm tyres, streaming wet roads, outbraking everyone else…..

…and I didn’t die a horrible death caused by lack of contact patch 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie – I was wearing my new pink lycra… chuck rain into the mix and I was looking pretty good for the naked ride that was starting at 3.

Diane
    Free Member

Well done guys – horrible weather for you!

epicsteve
    Free Member

We ended up going away for the weekend so I didn’t get down to lend support. If I’d known some of the riders would have been Hervelo’d up then I might have been able to persuade SWMBO to come along as she’s also a Herveloer. She’s new to road biking though and still hates hills, so might not have been keen on laps of the park!

daveb
    Free Member

Hey guys, had hoped to make it along to support you a bit this weekend but other events kept me away unfortunately. I will hopefully be able to come along for your next try at it (and am sure naomi would want to come along as well)

Well done on keeping it up for as long as you did, the weather was pretty awful.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Edinburghers – date for your diary, and anyone else interested in a 'challenge'’ is closed to new replies.