• This topic has 48 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Edinburgh – Wednesday Night Ride
  • Stu

Yeah – there was a lot of sheep crap around – I stank when I got home!

bigjim

mmm is nice! i think the sheep wee gets washed into puddles too, does get a bit musky up there when its wet. hope you kept your mouths shut!

13thfloormonk

The dilemma is do you shower before tucking into your chippy, or just throw on some sacrificial clothes and eat with the mud still dripping off your face?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    13thfloormonk

Actually, slight digression, Stu, did you say you’d entered the Selkirk Marathon or are you in Canada? I’ve just entered the sportive and the marathon.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I didn’t get out myself last night – hope to get out tonight instead.

stevemtb
    Free Member

13thFM – where’s the dilemma? Admittedly the stinking of sheep sh!t does make it a bit closer to a dilemma but the hot chippy comes before a long hot shower. Otherwise you have to have a quick shower and a cool chippy which is no post ride reward!

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’ve never come back from the Pentlands stinking of sheep shite but I did once come back smelling particularily bad after I fell into the boggy pond that’s just beside the Red Moss boardwalk. SWMBO made me go into the shower with my kit still on!

13thfloormonk

13thFM – where’s the dilemma?

Whatever it was I smelt of smelt pretty virulent, I couldn’t really bear to be in the same room as myself.

By a cunning masterstroke though, I got extra vinegar on the chips, which combatted the smell of deceased badger/fox vomit and allowed me to relax and enjoy my dinner.

Stu

Haven’t entered yet but will do – for both the sportive and 100km.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh – Wednesday Night Ride’ is closed to new replies.