Edinburgh to Edinburgh Airport with bikes

Home Forum Bike Forum Edinburgh to Edinburgh Airport with bikes

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Edinburgh to Edinburgh Airport with bikes
  • DougD

don’t know if you’d be able to take them on the airlink bus? If they’re bagged up I don’t see why not. There’s a fair bit of luggage space on them.

Buses run 24hrs too (I think the official 100 airlink ones start at 04:00 and before that is an extension of the 22 route)

epo-aholic

100 bus would be my tuppence-worth….. £6 return!

mcmoonter

Bus is the way to go if you are on the route.

I’ve even managed if from Fife. Train to Inverkeithing, a bus picks you up from there and drops you off at the terminal. No issues traveling with a boxed or bagged bike.

I’ve heard, but never used the park and ride car park at the FRB, that the parking there is free and that many air travelers use it as a free long stay car park simply catching the bus to the airport.

yacoby

So myself and some friends are off to France this Saturday. I need to get to Edinburgh airport with myself, a friend and two bikes (in bags) for some point between 5:00am and 5:30am.

Is the best thing just to book one of those 6 person taxis or is there a better way I am not aware of. Given that I would be leaving at about 4:30am the less faf the better.

yacoby

Nightbusses and Airlink may be Ok. Quite a bit cheaper but more of a faf. I’ll see what the other guy says.

whatnobeer

airport link bus should be fine, they’ve loads of room for luggage and super cheap. A big taxi will do the job too, will cost more but might be easier if you’re not on the bus route. We got 3 of us and bikes in a large taxi a couple of weeks ago.

Did this very journey recently! I took a taxi to the centre of town then the 100 bus to the airport. No problem at all with the bike bags. Busses run from about 4am until 12.20 am.

My return flight was delayed meaning I missed the last bus so took a taxi home to leith, £22. If getting a taxi, the big Peugeot ones were roominest.

Kunstler

I’ve taken wheels off and just put the bike in my cargo trailer bag and taken it on the 35 bus before.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

I’ve heard, but never used the park and ride car park at the FRB, that the parking there is free and that many air travelers use it as a free long stay car park simply catching the bus to the airport.

I do that if I’m away for between 2 and 7 days. You have to leave your details and your only allowed to leave the car in the multistory bit and only for up to 7 days. Handy if your coming from the north.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

If there’s a few of you then the bus isn’t that much cheaper than a humungo-taxi, I’d say worth it for reduced faff. Or get my dad to give you a lift, works for me 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh to Edinburgh Airport with bikes’ is closed to new replies.