Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Edinburgh Residents – one way cycle lane on Princes Street?
  • WackoAK
    Free Member

The council have launched a consultation for proposals to changes in access to Princes Street and George street.

Thoughts?

bigjim

good heads up. Separate cycle way on george st is a great idea. When Princes St was shut to all traffic and they had cafes on it last year, it was fantastic, felt really european.

jamiep
    Free Member

It is a real shame that the bike lane couldn’t have been incorporated into the tram works. Even as a confident and experienced city centre commuter, being penned in by the buses on Princes St is now quite an experience, particularly when a tram rail suddenly appears parallel to one’s wheel.

The bar on George St during the festival was good though

vorlich
    Free Member

Princes St is a dump. One side is stunning, the other side is like an ex-mining community high st.

Sadly I can’t read the link as, like everything Edinburgh Council touch, it’s ****ed.

scotroutes

I just completed the survey and suggested that the Princes St cycle lane should run both ways

franksinatra

Not very often I find myself agreeing with pretty much everything proposed, seems excellent idea. Princess Street was much better when it was closed. Of course it is not practical to keep it totally closed but this seems an excellent compromise.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh Residents – one way cycle lane on Princes Street?’ is closed to new replies.