Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Edinburgh festival recommendations
  • CaptJon
    Free Member

The programme is frankly overwhelming, and i’m at a loose end on the afternoon/evening of 7th August. I’m already seeing Bridget Christie and Alan Davies. Particularly gutted Stewart Lee is sold out. Who/what would people recommend seeing?

bigjim

Lady Rizo

Beardyman

Most important thing is to wander slowly and vaguely around in front of me when I’m rushing home and need a pooh.

IA

Who/what would people recommend seeing?

A day or two before, whilst wandering about the centre of town ask everyone you pass that looks friendly what the best thing they’ve seen is. Buy tickets for whatever gets the most responses.

Good tactic for finding new stuff.

I’ll +1 beardyman mind.

CaptJon
    Free Member

bigjim – Member
    Most important thing is to wander slowly and vaguely around in front of me when I’m rushing home and need a pooh.

Find a venue, charge a tenner and do the poo on stage. Art innit.

SamB
    Free Member

Austentatious are very good – improv Jane Austen with a fairly surreal twist.

Also Cariad Lloyd & Louise Ford’s Character Hour was quite good at Latitude. Also, it doesn’t hurt that Cariad is properly stunning 😳

Northwind

Pick something fairly safe early evening at a busy location. Then stagger around and go and see best ofs, randoms, 2-for-1s and whatever the cutest flyerist at the pleasance is plugging. If you plan on getting pissed, don’t go to underbelly because if it goes on fire you’ll die.

Clive Anderson is doing a whose line is it anyway thing with some of the guests from the old series, I loved that show so that’s a must for me.

anagallis_arvensis

Daniel Kitson but I expect he’s sold out too. I saw a preview of Mark Thomas show a week or so ago which was good.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Oh, Mark Thomas – just booked. Thanks.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Worst thing I saw last year was Lady Rizo (contray to bigJim). just not funny (to me).

Best thing I saw was the alternative muppet show.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh festival recommendations’ is closed to new replies.