Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Edinburgh cycle paths – maintence?
  • dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Who looks after the cycle paths? Yesterday a tree was either almost blown down, or pulled down by neds. It is now almost totally blocking the path. Any idea who maintains the paths so that I can report this?

nbt

Local council. ROW officer or dedicated cycle officer if you have one

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/internet/a-z/AZ_public_rights_of_way%3Binternal&ind=0

cynic-al
    Free Member

*Coughs*

That's "Cooncil"

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

The council?

jimmy

Don't sustrans have a say, too? Although probably not for this type of stuff. Shut up, Jim.

ojom
    Free Member

Claire, speak to Nina. He has had similar issues, I am not sure if he got in touch with someone though about it.

I will do some digging…. one of the lads here is working with Sustrans 2 days a week.

BRB

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

cheers mark, will do. just thought it would be easier if someone had a contact. no-one in works appears to have a contact oddly enough. meantime i can practise my skillz trying to ride underneath the tree (til it completely falls down, probably on me!) that section could also do with some general tidying up – its so over grown with nettles and weeds that it makes it tricky to pass walkers/other riders without getting stung or wet!

ojom
    Free Member

Ok – it turns out that Tom here is a Sustrans Ranger and needs to know where it is so he can get it cleared. Co-ordinates if you please!

caledonia
    Free Member

They could also take a look at Route 1 towards the Forth Bridge ?
    The section that pops out alongside the A90 is all overgrown and could do with a good hacking back.

nina
    Free Member

i just contacted Cycling@edinburgh.gov.uk and they had it cleared pretty sharpish

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Yay 🙂

Okay. The section of cycle path is by murrayfield. I don't know the name of the section of path, so here's a description. If you come along Baird drive (just off balgreen road) and head towards Murrayfield. Cross the bridge and turn right and go under the bridge. Just past the bridge is the tree – its still standing but leaning right over the path. The rest of the path takes you to the junction at westfield road/stevenson road and it pretty built up with barbed wire sections on the top of the wall. This section is pretty over grown.

Thanks 🙂 shall i copy it to the email address as well?

nina
    Free Member

just email that to them, the guy was called chris and pretty helpful. my instructions to where the tree i needed shifted were more vague

cynic-al
    Free Member

IIRC they are under duties to keep roads etc clear for safety reasons so they should wort it ASAP

ojom
    Free Member

The WOL path is not Sustrans controlled apparently – Tom thinks it might be the council/waterway authority, drop them an email to find out.

If there sustrans sign then they are in charge but not otherwise. Politics eh?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

have dropped the council an email, so hopefully will hear something back soon. thanks for the help 🙂

Al/Mark, do you have any suggestions for mudguards for my roadie commuter? When i bought it, they fitted mudguards, but after a few months, the rear one snapped. I bought ones from CRC but they don't fit, despite being the right size – think the mounts are in a different place. Its full length ones i'm after. Full length are a must for commuting…

ojom
    Free Member

SKS Chromoplastics. What size do you need?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure they are the ones I've got – narrow, 700cc – 35mm. But they don't fit. I'll need to double check when I go home tonight, but 99% sure it’s the same ones. I don't know why they don't fit.

ojom
    Free Member

Do the fixing rub on the tyre? If so you need to go up a size to P45's

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

couldn't get to fit at all, never mind rub on the tyre! i shall double check tonight and let you know.

ojom
    Free Member

Bring em in if you like and let me have a go. I am proficient in pannier rack and mudguard installs these days! 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh cycle paths – maintence?’ is closed to new replies.