Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Edinburgh airport
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Anyone know roughly how long it takes from an international (europe) flight landing at Edinburgh, to walking out of the door? No baggage to pick up.
    I’m picking someone up there next monday night and want to figure out when I need to be there.

peterfile
    Free Member

10 mins from walking off the plane, provided you’re not queuing at passport control. It’s a small airport.

jamiep
    Free Member

as above

kcal

I think any kind of parking is paid for now (used to be you could hang about for 30 mins free). So allow some cash for paying for parking, and if collecting someone, err on side of caution!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

So long as there isnt a huge queue at passport control, not long at all. 10 minutes sounds about right once you’re off the plane. Probably better making them wait than you waiting though as the charges for staying for more than about 15 minutes at the drop off bit are huge

bigjim

Hmm the queue can be a good 10 mins on top of the walk, just depends. As above don’t think you can get away without paying at all now but could be wrong.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks all

wwpaddler
    Free Member

About 10mins is right.

There’s a free drop off you can wait at (not sure how long you’re allowed to wait before they charge you) and your friend will get bussed to it for free or you can pay £1 to use the paid drop off right in front of the terminal (although the charge goes extortionate after 15mins)

Don’t think there is anything to stop you waiting at the free drop off and going for a drive around the airport if you run out of free time before going back. Alternatively you could wait in the Ingliston P&R car park at the top of the airport road / Newbridge village / Ratho station for free until your friend phones to stay he’s escaped passport/customs control.

onehundredthidiot

Wait at the park and ride, it’s free, move to pick up when the flight has landed. Take a quid.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Wait at the park and ride, it’s free, move to pick up when the flight has landed. Take a quid.

That’s what I do. Better still have them phone or text you once they reach the pick up/drop off car park.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Edinburgh airport’ is closed to new replies.