Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Edge 520 plus
  • andeh
    Free Member

Any reason I shouldn’t buy one?

Always liked the look of the 520 but wanted mapping for off road duties. It’s not much more for the 820, but not sure I’m sold on the touch screen. Anyone know if you can browse a map on the 520 plus?

Cheers

pdw
    Free Member

Pretty sure you can’t browse as there’s no way to pan the map without a touchscreen.

Bez

Yeah, no easy panning or zooming. You can pan without a touchscreen on the eTrex series, but they’re bulky. The Explore is good for mapping and has a much more reliable touchscreen than previous models, and is a similar price to the 520 Plus.

dreednya

You can download workable maps to the 520 so i imagine you will be able to do so with the 520 plus. google it on the DC rainmaker site as to how to do it 🙂

andeh
    Free Member

It definitely has mapping, I just wondered if you can look around. Not a deal breaker but it’s nice to browse over a sarnie 🙂

carlos
    Free Member

You can set the zoom on the maps but not scroll abouT

Bez

To be fair, if you’re looking to browse maps while you’re sitting somewhere having lunch, you’re almost certainly better off doing it on a phone anyway.

andykentos
    Free Member

i have a 520 plus. you can zoom in and out on it but not scroll around, can sometines be very annoying if you are trying to search around…

andeh
    Free Member

Very good point Bez. Went for an 820 in the end, possibly a poor choice, we shall see

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Edge 520 plus’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.