Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Economic meltdown
  • chipsngravy
    Free Member

Anyone else feel that economic meltdown is on it’s way?

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

on it’s way

It started a while ago.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nope. times will be difficult and made worse by the idiots in charge but meltdown? Nope

alpin
    Free Member

i remember writing something similar on here back in 2007…. said that the construction industry was slowing down, the banks were pulling in thier belts and that the economy was going to hit a bollard.

was called a doom monger and such like.

but i was right…. (unfortunately).

shinsplints

Narp cuz I won ver lottery wen I was 26 ennit 😆

garrrrpirate
    Free Member

It’s strange, the company I work for is booming and desperate to recruit, work all over the world in an area with high unemployment and a seemingly endless stream of useless interviewees.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

My thoughts are turning to being prepared for a collapse. Priorities being, food, water, shelter…. Self sufficiency.

I may well be on the verge of my own collapse, but my instinct is telling me to get prepared. If it happens, my family are in with a chance. If I doesn’t, then no problem.

This evening’s reading http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Narp cuz I won ver lottery wen I was 26 ennit

When the banks collapse everyone’s money will go with them. Start stashing the gold 😉

Northwind

Meltdown’s a bit emotive. But personally I do reckon our current system of the world’s pretty well screwed. It can probably limp on for a long time though but with 2 crippling factors- 1, that the people on top are most interested in keeping themselves on top and 2, that they don’t actually have much of a clue how to do that.

My own forecast is that we carry in in the current rut, dedicating more and more energy into trying to preserve the status quo rather than trying to work out a better option. And that this will ultimately be futile, but that in the attempt we’ll fail to look forward and design a new approach. Eventually we’ll end up with an uncontrolled collapse rather than a managed shift.

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Start stashing the gold

No, stash bike components so that you can still ride when the bike shops and postal service fail 😉

shinsplints

When the banks collapse everyone’s money will go with them. Start stashing the gold

It’s all stuffed inside my fleet of 172 Lynskeys 😉

chipsngravy
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sylrGHAHqg[/video]

jam-bo

The only meltdown I’m experiencing is more orders and tenders than we can keep up with.

Macavity
    Free Member

“Anyone else feel that economic meltdown is on it’s way? “

Yes, Steve Keen says….

http://www.scottishtimes.com/uk_economy_faces_lehman_type_crisis_says_leading_economist

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Economic meltdown’ is closed to new replies.