• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Echo Auto
  • zippykona

Anyone have one? Seems like a good thing for long journeys.
    Would it just connect to my phone or Mrs zips as well? If we were both in the car could we tell the machine which phone to connect to?
    Would I be able to verbally switch between a downloaded podcast,Apple music and internet radio?

5lab

I’ve got one, use android thou. We can connect both my wife’s and my phone, we just disable Bluetooth on the one we don’t want to use (might be a command but I dont know it). We play everything from Spotify, it can search on there and find podcasts, not sure about different music sources. I think that it always streams music, even if you have it downloaded (not certain), but I have a monster data plan so don’t care.

The worst bit is that if your phone loses data, voice commands (other than next track etc) stop working. This is bad, as my phone drops connection for a bit after losing home WiFi, which is exactly when I’m asking for directions.

molgrips
    Free Member

Why does it need to connect to a phone? Just to get internet accesss?

DrP

I’ve one…

It uses the phone for internet/spotifty etc

You can control spotify from your phone i.e without ever using your voice…

I like it. It works 95% of the time.
    Othertimes she just goes mute. Odd.

I like the ability to just get in and have immediate access to DAB/BBC player/spotify etc, given that my car is a 14 year old octavia with no BT inbuilt!

DrP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Echo Auto’ is closed to new replies.