Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • EC90 vs. Specialized Power Saddles
  • jon_n
    Free Member

Hello knowledgeable folks of STW 🙂

Has anyone gone from one of the EC90 ‘homage’ saddles, to a pukka Specialized Power saddle on which they are likely based?

After reading lots of new saddle threads on here, there were quite a few suggesting trying the EC90 saddles to see if they suited, rather than spending the £100+ on the original and finding it’s not quite right. I did just that, the EC90 shape seems to work well for me – mixed road / gravel rides of up to 4 hours aren’t that uncomfortable.

Obviously the Specialized model is going to be much better finished and better quality in general, but is it going to be even more comfortable? Interested in if there’s any real world feedback to see if it’s worth splashing out.

Thanks!

DrP

I’#ve a legit power saddle…
    Not seen those EC90 till now..

my 2p worth says you’re better off not spending your money on another saddle…just use the one you have!

DrP

jon_n
    Free Member

Thanks – I likely need to change the saddle on another bike soon, so this will be S+1 rather than a replacement 🙂

Just trying to figure out of the Spesh ones are worth the extra 🙂

razorrazoo

I’ve done just this.  EC90 to test the saddle then bought the real thing and relegated the EC90 to my winter / turbo bike.  I’d say the real thing is a little more comfy bit not a lot in it (but I ‘needed’ the real thing as it was to go on my Tarmac).  My one gripe with the Specialized saddle is the black paint on the rails flakes easily where it clamps (I mean to remove the paint when I can be bothered to.

jon_n
    Free Member

Thanks – good feedback!

anagallis_arvensis

If you have a local spesh shop they will likely lend you a saddle to try.

Squirrel

Bought an EC90 and was so impressed by the comfort and reduction in pressure on my gentleman’s parts that I bought another for one of my other bikes. But after 6 months the first EC90 was rocking and creaking and basically unusable. To be fair, I had used it almost daily. Not tried the Spesh version to compare though.

mudfish

Very happy with the Power saddle (cheaper version) I probably tried 20 seats over the years and this is “the one”. Not tried the alternative you mention.
    The Specialized Concept Store gave me a test period – where it could be returned for credit. I was wondering what else I’d buy if the saddle was not for me but I need ent have worried as I’ve been blown away with it’s comfort.
    Well, in the days when I could ride. Been off for 13 months since a disc herniation ;(
    Its on my trail bike.

benman
    Free Member

Not had an EC90, but I have Spesh Power saddles on all of my drop bar bikes. Very comfortable, and all still in very good condition after 1000’s of miles.

As someone said above, the only annoying thing is the black paint on the rails which chips off. Keep an eye out 2nd hand – I only paid £35 for one of mine on FB marketplace.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve got Spesh Power or Selle Italia Model-X Superflow on my bikes, even the MTB, I just get on with them and they’re very well made.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.