Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Ebuyer/ Ebay question
  • falkirk-mark

Hi I have tried to buy a laptop from ebuyer for my daughters christmas, 3 times I placed an order and 3 times they cancelled it (2 different payment types). I have managed to talk to them and all they will say is they want a scanned passport and a 2 month old utility bill (then they can take 2 days to get round to looking at it) Anyway I am not sending it for my security as I only use them once in a blue moon. So I went down the ebuyer shop on ebay route and they have cancelled that. So I sent a message through Ebay and they replied citing the same reasons (100% ebay feedback) Is it worth entering a dispute with them/ what would you do? I did speak to Ebay and they reckon they should send it so are they within their rights to ask for further proof even though ebay are cool with me ?
    Cheers Mark

bigyinn
    Free Member

Did they actually give a reason as to why the order was being cancelled?

nickjb
    Free Member

Is it that good a deal? I’d buy somewhere else.

falkirk-mark

No reason given, and it is quite a good deal but I am more pissed off about it than anything else, I suppose I could buy summit from them once a month and make them incur listing fees when they do not send the stuff.

andyfla
    Free Member

If they don’t want your money take it elsewhere,
    Nobody has to do business with you and you don’t have to do so with them

andrewh
    Free Member

Go elsewhere.
    If they are this much of PITA to buy from imagine how much more of a PITA they will be to make a warranty claim from…

nealglover
    Free Member

Is it worth entering a dispute with them/

No. Not in the slightest.

what would you do?

Buy from somewhere else.

antigee

are you specifiying delivery to address other than card holder address by any chance?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They are good on card security etc. which can be a pain getting first order sent to work etc but I see that as a good thing. They don’t come up on the “my card has been used for fraud” threads.

I’d go with them. I tried Dabs who couldn’t take payment as Halifax/BoS refused to deal with them due to fraud concerns. I stopped trying to give them my details then.

beefheart
    Free Member

They want a passport?????

Go somewhere else!!!!!

BeJesus.

falkirk-mark

Ebuyer delivered here before , can’t remember how long ago, 5/7 years. cards /paypal same address as delivery

tomhoward

I had the same issue a couple of years ago.

Bought somewhere else, never bought from them again.

skids
    Free Member

I would either sort whatever issue you have with your bank details or whatever it is out or send them the passport

tomhoward

Skids, do you need to send off your passport when shopping for anything online? Not saying it’s a scam, but it’s a massive inconvenience for the op when he could just buy elsewhere with none of the risk of losing his passport or hassle involved!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Scan of passport and bill not the hardest thing in the world. If only more online retailers were on the ball before sending expensive stuff out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Ebuyer/ Ebay question’ is closed to new replies.