Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ebikes on Morzine/Les Gets chairlifts?
  • ready

I’m heading to Morzine for a few days with Mrs Ready in a couple of months. She’s lucky enough to have the new Levo SL Eeb that has more travel than her usual normal bike (Eeb is 160/150, normal is 140/130)
    I’d like to take the Eeb purely for the extra travel (those braking bumps can be brutal!) and I’m sure I’ve heard that most of the lifts will take Eebs – but how many?
    I’d like to take her over to the Swiss side at some point, and not be confined to the main bikeparks. Has anyone done the same? It’s a SL, not Full Fat!

GeForceJunky

They all take ebikes. The only inconvenience I’ve ever had was on Mt Cherry where they said wait for the ebike carrier to come round.

hot_fiat

Handled my Whyte no issue >>25kg, LLS. Needed to wait for a super morzine telecabine that had a taller bike hanger, but that was more as a result of it being very long than anything else.

Robz
    Free Member

Could just cycle up? ;-P

I’ve ridden up to Pointes des Mossettes sans eeb.

Its a killer but it gives you a whole different appreciation for the lifts.

ready

Thanks all. Looks like we’ll be taking the Eeb. Got a couple of days in La Bresse too so will see if their lift policy is the same.

chiefgrooveguru

Make sure you can take the battery with you – I think most airlines won’t allow them on board. Or if it’s all uplift, see if you can use it without the battery inside.

ready

Thanks Chiefgrooveguru, but we’re driving down – if my van is fixed in time!
    Plus the Levo battery is apparently “non-removable” (I’m sure it will come out if it really need to though)

Ambrose

We had no problems at all last year. The lift operators would quickly come to assist Mrs Ambrose too if necessary.

Keep us updated re: La Bresse SVP, we’re hoping to visit there in July.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.