• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ebikes at Morzine
  • MSP

Anyone taken an ebike to morzine?

Recently bought a YT decoy shred, which I think is heavier than quite a few and has a listed weight of 25kg but mine is a xxl, so maybe adds an extra kg+ to the weight. It is the only FS that I can take that will handle my current weight.

My worry is that the chair lift operators would rather struggle with it, I am a fair bit stronger than most people, and don’t find it easy. I don’t want to get to the top of a lift and see it going back down because it was too much for the operator (or even worse seeing it half hanging off and going back down).

What are other ebikers experiences?

TheBrick
    Free Member

Now help to your particular question (sorry) are you flying? If so how do you deal with the battery?

weeksy

Remove battery for the lifts?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MSP

Not a bad idea, but removing and refitting the battery is more fiddly than I would really like to be doing a dozen times a day.

Beagleboy

I think what TheBrick was meaning is how are you going to deal with the limitation on battery capacity you can travel with if you fly?

My new Levo has a 500 W/h battery and I think airlines will only let you travel with around half that.

MSP

I’m not flying.

colp

I’ve used my Rail in Austria a lot, I think it’s around 22kg but the lifties seem to manage.

escrs
    Free Member

Have friends who have done Morzine on thier e bikes, the chairlift operators had no issue with them

One was a 24kg Levo and the other was a 25kg Moustache

They did have to drive to Morzine as the biggest battery you are allowed to take on the plane is a 100-160w depending on the airplane company and it has to go as hand luggage

superdan

There was some signage on the Supermorzine chair when we were there last year about ebike weights and removal of batteries, but I have to admit I didn’t pay much attention to it.
    You might want to call the lift company.

daveylad
    Free Member

Most would wheel on pretty easily due to the lift design. However there was a lift on the Swiss side that the poor old bugger would really have struggled to manhandle an eeb onto I thought a few years back.

daveylad
    Free Member

I wonder if any Surron knobbers have ever turned up to try to get onto the lifts? Lolz

BoardinBob

There was some signage on the Supermorzine chair when we were there last year about ebike weights and removal of batteries, but I have to admit I didn’t pay much attention to it.

Removal Only for external batteries. Integrated batteries are ok

kayak23

Why do you need a battery for dh tracks?

When I bought an eeb I had to sell my full suss bike and so this was something I thought about for future Alpine trips.
    But yeah, the whole idea of the place really is it’s downhill focussed.

There are a few trails where there is some pedal, sure, especially if you head over Switzerland way, but in the main, gravity does the movement and even if you do pedal, it’ll more than likely be above 15mph.

Tim
    Free Member

I’d love to do some big chairlift and ebike assisted enduro style riding in the morzine area. See how much you can stitch together in a day.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ebikes at Morzine’ is closed to new replies.