Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ebike tyres (commuter bike)
  • granny_ring

So having eventually ridden the solid feeling commuter bike, compared to years of riding a full sus, the ‘narrow’ tyres feel weird and harsh in comparison, no surprise really. Appreciate that the narrow rims and wire bead and the tyre build add to this and I still need to get the right tyre pressure sorted.
    The tyres I know are 1.75″ wide, would I notice much difference in comfort if I can get a 2″ tyre under the Mudguards.

Something like these?
    https://www.merlincycles.com/schwalbe-big-ben-plus-urban-performance-tyre-29-163068.html

I will fit a suspension seat post as well too.

Also what ebike chains are good 10speed and where is good for price at the mo?
    Cheers.

oceanskipper

Those Schwalbe look OK. I have Schwalbe Hurricanes on my ebike  when I’m on the road with it. They’re OK but I can’t go anywhere off road with them as they puncture really really easily. The ones you linked to look better.

slowol

I went from 47mm Marathon Plus Tour to 55 mm Big Ben’s ony hack bike and the Big Ben’s are mush cushier and don’t seem any slower as they are more of a round balloon shape than the file tread of the Marathons but BB has less puncture proof stuff.
    Mine are an earlier version (not Big Ben +) and are slightly bigger again. Planet X were selling them off a couple of years back as they are ‘dog poo brown’ colour all over and I guess 26 inch is old hat.

dyna-ti

Ive got Schwalbe marathon almotion 26×2.15 on the non ebike, and Schwalbe Marathon plus mtb Smartguard 29×2.25 on the ebike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ebike tyres (commuter bike)’ is closed to new replies.