Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Ebike help (again), battery range is disappointing!
  • geex
    Free Member

Why would I be surprised?
    it’s my bike. Only I ride it and I know it’s limitations better than anyone else.
    I’m not really interested in another battery. 4.5km of climbing/descending in an hour or two is why I got it.
    If I wanted more I’d take an ordinary bike and take longer doing it or jump on uplifts for the day.
    TBH I can’t actually be bothered riding much more than the battery gives me most of the time.

Another battery is £400 and would sit unused apart from maybe 4 times a year. With a shelf life of 2 years that’s £50 a ride. The bike is perfectly rideable switched off, just a bit heavy. (Did a 3hr ride at Ae with it switched off for 90% of the ride a couple of months back)

geex
    Free Member

Are Austrian restaurants renowned for slow service?

trail_rat
    Free Member

well given the discussion is about how poor the OP’s range is ….. im saying your intended use makes a big odds to how far you go.

people using it for assistance get further than folk using it as uplift shock horror.

nealglover
    Free Member

I maintained a much higher cadence…

This is the single thing that makes the biggest difference I reckon.

The motor has an optimum cadence and will use loads of battery power if the cadence is too low.

I think the Bosch CX optimum range is 70-90 rpm. Although that’s just from memory, but it’s something around there.

Below 70 for long periods, it will churn through a battery quickly.

colp

Are Austrian restaurants renowned for slow service?

Not particularly. But handy to recharge while having a break.

Meeting some other ebikers in Hope tomorrow for a planned 23 miles including climbing the Beast. I’m going to have to be very conservative and/or plan an escape route

robcolliver
    Free Member

So, I’m plotting to get a South Downs Way out of one battery……. lets find out how I get on in the next few weeks of preparation.

The plan is to get a sub 12 hour SDW done, once I’ve learnt to be efficient on the Scott Spark;  the fun bit will be to turn round at Eastbourne and hoon it back to Winchester in under 7 hours. I will have to average 15mph for that leg and I think it will take 5 batteries to get it done.

It is a standard Spark but I will run it with no dropper post, my own bars, stem and saddle so the bike is set up correctly and some skinnier tyres (Racing Ralph’s or Rocket Ron’s depending on feel). I’ll leave the tri-bars at home.

The lights are going to be USE e bike lights for the return leg and they just get their juice from the bike battery.

Should make for a few weeks of fun training and racing!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Ebike help (again), battery range is disappointing!’ is closed to new replies.