• This topic has 47 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by kelvin.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • eBiike Weightwatchers
  • Premier Icon tomhoward

I assume it functions as well as before?

Premier Icon jamj1974

100% in a straight line. Bends, not so much! 😁

Premier Icon gazzab1955

don’t take this the wrong way, but ….. I have listened to many people over the years trying to reduce weight on various bikes (this is not an e-bike specific issue) and most of them could have gone a diet for a month and dropped far more weight than they could ever remove from their respective bikes! Just saying …………….

Premier Icon tomhoward

How will the OP losing weight make his ebike easier to manoeuvre, or lift?

Premier Icon z1ppy
    Free Member

@gazzab1955 totally agree, but with the health issues mentioned earlier, I suspect the OP already takes his calorie intake seriously, and yeah what TH says.. 😀

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

don’t take this the wrong way, but ….. I have listened to many people over the years trying to reduce weight on various bikes (this is not an e-bike specific issue) and most of them could have gone a diet for a month and dropped far more weight than they could ever remove from their respective bikes! Just saying …………….

True, but by lightening their bike it’ll be better AND they can lose weight.

Premier Icon gazzab1955

@tomhoward, @intheborders, @z1ppy, Mine was more of a general point about weight reduction not specifically about the OP and I must have missed the post where the OP mentioned health issues. Reducing weight isn’t easy or cheap and even if you take 2kg off of a 25kg bike I doubt you would notice much difference when lifting it. As others have mentioned e-bikes are heavy for a reason and adding very lightweight components could I guess actually affect the integrity and safety of the bike. Until someone comes along with lightweight batteries and motors, probably 10-20 years away, e-bikes will be heavy, if you enjoy the easy uplift don’t complain about how they perform on the way down.

Premier Icon kelvin

What about a tow bar rack and one of these? That way you won’t need to be lifting the bike at all.

That is cunning.

ramp

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.