Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Ebay Vs Ali Express
  • sirromj

When buying those sorts of items where the best price means ordering from China, which do you prefer, Ali Express or Ebay?

I think Ali Express looks better and more exciting!

bobgarrod
    Free Member

used aliexpress with no problems. They seem to ship the stuff to somewhere in uk , then reship using the royalmail from the items i’ve bought – cheaper than ebay plus cashback through topcashback

andy4d

I use aliexpress for things that don’t necessarily need to be ‘legit, such as cycle clothing/glasses Lego minifigures for the wee fella etc. Never had an issue. Would I by a set of Shimano brakes/DT Swiss hubs etc….i dunno really, not sure the saving would justify me buying a potential ‘copy’ and issues that may bring. I dont mind ‘wasting’ a few quid if it turns out sh!t, but dont feel comfortable risking £100+ on potential crap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

Is this about multi-packs of butt plugs again?

dirtyboy

Dahua ip cameras are great value on aliexpress

cornholio98
    Free Member

Also add in wish.com for cheap tat. It’s all the same stuff just find the one that is cheapest delivered!

lightman
    Free Member

Ebay only, avoid Ali Express because once they have your money, they don’t care and you have no way of getting it back if you have an issue, speaking from experience.!

Use Ebay, pay with Paypal and you have 180 days for a dispute, with Ali, you only get 2 weeks (no Paypal) and then you’re on your own because after that, its purely down to the seller whether they want to help or not.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I’ve bought a load of stuff off Ali Express.

Never had a problem, lots of vert cheap stuff for a couple of quid and also more expensive stuff, like a half decent USB dac that was about £100.

Never been hit with import duty. Can take a while to turn up but never as long as the longest delivery time that has been listed. 3 weeks is typical.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I use both.

Shipping is variable on aliexpress, sometimes within a week, sometimes well over a month.

If the same item is on eBay and 50p more I will buy through eBay as things tend to arrive faster due to their dispute policy.

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>lightman
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Ebay only, avoid Ali Express because once they have your money, they don’t care and you have no way of getting it back if you have an issue, speaking from experience.!

Never had a refund refused yet- standard outcome has been full refund and keep the item. Ebay are getting harder and harder to deal with- if it doesn’t work perfectly in their online forms you can get pretty stuck, last 2 have only been resolved after going to facebook.

Both are better than amazon marketplace though, who just don’t give a shit.

</div>

sirromj

I ordered a puky lino from a German seller on Amazon, but for some reason the delivery company had a delivery address of someone a couple of streets away. After three weeks frustration getting nowhere either with courier or seller, went to amazon to dispute and they refunded me within 5 minutes.

PePPeR

I’ve experience of paying for a pop up tent, the one that turned up was a piece of root and not what we had ordeeed, they just said post it back, enquired how much to post back and it was as much as the cost of the item, I’d paid with PayPal so went to them, they’d only give you £15 back on postage of £48, so ended up being out of pocket. I’ll only use eBay again in the future. Far easier to deal with.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Vs Ali Express’ is closed to new replies.