Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ebay – trouble ahead…
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve just sold a set of forks on ebay, the steerer size (tapered) was clearly stated in the title/heading. The buyer has since sent a message asking what size steerer it has, 1.125 or 1.5…

As a result I’m expecting another message asking to back out of the sale. As he’s already “bought” I’m assuming I could get ebay to enforce the sale?

Alternatively, would it be fair to agree to cancel but ask for my fees etc to be refunded first?

sunnrider
    Free Member

I think that if both buyer and seller agree to cancel a sale then there´s no fees charged.

spooky_b329

Sunnrider is correct, but warn your buyer that you need to start the dispute process but then just choose the ‘amicably agree to cancel the transaction’ to ensure fee’s are refunded. If you don’t warn the buyer, a dispute email immediately puts them on the defensive and if they choose the wrong option, you won’t get the fee’s refunded.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

nmdbase
    Free Member

they can’t force him to buy it unless it goes to court I think.

aracer
    Free Member

If he backs out, you can then give a second chance offer to the next highest bidder – if they accept they pay their bid rather than one increment above the next highest bid. Win, win.

At least he’s talking to you, unlike the winner of one of my auctions a couple of weeks ago who still hasn’t paid.

BoardinBob

I’ve just sold a set of forks on ebay, the steerer size (tapered) was clearly stated in the title/heading. The buyer has since sent a message asking what size steerer it has, 1.125 or 1.5…

I sold a set of forks on Pinkbike that had a tapered steerer. I stated it clearly in the advert. I drove up to Perth to meet the buyer and handed him the forks. As I was driving away I looked in the mirror and I could see him staring at the steerer. By the time I got back to Glasgow he had them for sale on Pinkbike for £30 less than he paid me 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ebay – trouble ahead…’ is closed to new replies.