Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • eBay – someone with zero feedback has just won my auction…
  • the-muffin-man

…can I delete their bid and offer it to second bidder?

I wouldn’t normally bother but is for an old iPhone and I know several people who’ve been scammed over phones on eBay.

Second place bidder has 500+ feedback and bid the same amount.

I was 100% sure I’d set the auction up to not accept bids from people with low or negative feedback – does eBay just ignore this? Is there anyway I can check?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

someone with zero feedback has just won my auction…
    I think you’ll find that’s how we all start out.

the-muffin-man

I know we all start with nothing, but a high proportion of phone buyers seem to find some tiny fault with the sale and open a Paypal dispute – so you end up with no money and no phone!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joepose
    Free Member

Whats your problem if they pay you post?
    Its much worse the other way around – you win when they have zero feedback – you pay you hope!

nealglover
    Free Member

Insist on a form of payment they can’t claw back.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Did your listing state anything about zero feedback? How much cash are we talking?

To those asking, scammers use PayPal then make lies up about the item and get payments reversed via disputes. I’d try and sell to second bidder if I were you. If winner days, refund it on the basis of you setting it up for those with feedback.

the-muffin-man

Whats your problem if they pay you post?

They pay – I post – They find fictitious problem and open paypal dispute – paypal refund money (as they nearly always side with buyer) – I lose money and phone (because phone is never returned).

That’s the problem!

the-muffin-man

Did your listing state anything about zero feedback? How much cash are we talking?

I pretty sure i’d set up the auction not to accept bids from people with zero or negative feedback. There was nothing specific in description.

It’s only £40 (old 3g), but that’s not really the point.

geoffj

geoffj

It’s only £40 (old 3g), but that’s not really the point.

What is the point then?

Everyone has to start somewhere.
    Take lots of photos, and videos of if working, record the serial numbers. Send recorded etc.
    Good luck

Tom-B
    Free Member

My experience with people that have zero feedback has been poor twice (neither payed!)….I’d do a second chance offer to the 500 feedback buyer and tell the original winner that you’ve broken it…..others will disagree.

Cougar

I’d email them and see if you get some sort of literate response. Might give you a better feel for who you’re dealing with.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

Complete agreement with Tom B. Apologise lots & say you dropped it & broke it when packing it.

EBay will only allow you to block people with below zero feedback.

If the buyer opens a dispute on the grounds that the item is not as described, then Paypal will almost always favour them.

joepose
    Free Member

£40 Sounds cheap for an iphone – whats wrong with it?

irc

It just got dropped.

mudshark
    Free Member

I thought Ebay only refund once the item has been returned using proof of postage – not so?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I thought Ebay only refund once the item has been returned using proof of postage – not so?

Typically what gets returned is their broken iPhone they’ve just swapped with your working one (or the battery…). And do it by recorded delivery and they can ‘prove’ to eBay they’ve done their side of the bargain.

skids
    Free Member

If they were going to pull a scam I doubt that their number one target would be an old broken phone

Tom-B
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be so sure skids, someone pulled an absolute stunner of a scam on my sisters ex boyfriend when he was selling an old iPod 🙂

the-muffin-man

Yah! eBayers with zero feedback are awesome!

First buyer – no contact, no payment – nothing. Have had to open non-paying bidder case.

So I relisted phone – auction finished this Sunday. And the winner was again someone with zero feedback (and had just registered on eBay that day). Again – no contact and no payment, and I’m not expecting any!

WTF is it with selling mobiles on eBay – I’ve never had any trouble with any other sale!?

bigblackshed

They’ve just read your thread on here saying you we’re not going to sell it to them. They thought “what’s the point, he won’t follow through with the sale. No point wasting my time”

HTH 😉 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘eBay – someone with zero feedback has just won my auction…’ is closed to new replies.