Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Ebay Seller feedback woes.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I sold an item last month which when I was packing it discovered was faulty. I cancelled the order and told the buyer I was sorry, we chatted about it on messages and he agreed he should have his money back, there was no animosity. It took a few days for ebay to send the money back because their new payment system is skewed towards ebay keeping everyones money for as long as poss.
    I am not a big ebayer and 1 neg is a large percentage..
    Buyer has left this negative feedback:

Seller wasn’t happy with value he got, made every excuse under the sun to cancel transaction. had to wait a week for my hard earned money back.

So I used the ebay system to request it was changed, asked them to look at my messages where seller agreed he should have his money back, they said his feedback was fine, I also asked buyer he said it was accurate.

I am v pissed off, I was as straight as can be. What can I do?

5plusn8
    Free Member

Bump

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

You okay hun ?

It’s eBay not real life

Have a mug of hot chocolate

You’ll be okay cherub

5plusn8
    Free Member

No need to flirt, I’m not your type.

tails
    Free Member

Really not sure negatives are a huge indicator, what percentage of feedback is one negative. Also I think you can leave a comment on the feedback.

oldtennisshoes

Similar happened to me. Forget about it and move on. It’s actually quite liberating once you realise it is of little concern. Just make sure you add your comment to their feedback saying it’s inaccurate.

nickjb
    Free Member

Hardly anyone cares about feedback any more. Shane as it used to be quite useful, but these days it’s pretty meaningless. It’s tough when someone lies or questions your character but you just need to forget about it.

yiman
    Free Member

You can reply to the feedback and give your version, but keep it neutral so you don’t exacerbate the negative.

Something like “Discovered item was faulty at point of despatch so agreed with buyer to cancel order…disappointed to then receive negative feedback for acting honestly”.

dyna-ti

I once left someone this feedback. The buyer I felt was being a bit of a richard, trying to get more off an already good deal.
    ” Fantastic buyer,Ultimate Comms,a King among E-bayers ,quick and Reliable ”
    All went fine till my mates GF blabbed on ebay forum and i got a nasty letter from ebay HQ. They gave me a strike against my account, but I felt it was worth it.

You could try something like. As above, the capitalized words spell out the message you wish to convey surreptitiously

‘item broken,Cant complain,Unfortunate situation,Not my fault,Thanks’

jam-bo

I haven’t left any or read any eBay feedback for years.

Poopscoop

Have to admit I do look at a sellers feedback.

On a seller with little feedback,a single bad one might well influence a decision to buy if it’s an expensive item.

A single negative amongst hundreds/ thousands of positives? Not too bothered about that.

andrewh
    Free Member

I had one once from someone who bought a massive collection only item and then got shirty when I refused to post it half the length of the country, 6ft Square and as heavy as I could lift!
    Doesn’t seem to have affected my selling at all

muddyground
    Free Member

Just get it removed then.

matt_outandabout

Another reason why I don’t use eBay for sales now.

It’s the wild west.

v7fmp

If you won the item, you have his address… time to send a care package to say thanks?!

kerley
    Free Member

Hardly anyone cares about feedback any more. Shame as it used to be quite useful, but these days it’s pretty meaningless.

Agree. Most buyers don’t even bother leaving any feedback anymore even though my ‘service’ is great, all items well packed and dispatched next day. In the old days pretty much everyone left feedback and it was a good indicator.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i see it often, seller makes excuse and then relists as buy it now :0)

i’d leave negative feedback unless the seller sent a picture of said broken item.
    ie i bought a jacket and it was torn.. (pictures sent?) at that point can make a decision.

as a seller i recommend getting a negative feedback as a rite of passage.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Seller feedback woes.’ is closed to new replies.