Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • eBay sale advice, please
  • monkeyboyjc

Afraid ebay / paypal will now just keep chasing you fof the cash.

Id go down the small claims court route – worked for me a while backwhen I was defrauded out of a bike ebay some years back. Its not a garenteed method of getting the cash back (as they can just refuse to pay you even after you win) but its good to send the b’stard court summons in the post.

y0eddy
    Free Member

This is such sad news.

I think what we all can take from this is like Nexie said, take pictures of serials numbers where possible. But I would also mark your items with a UV pen for good measure.

Markie
    Free Member

Really sorry to hear this, what a grim tale 🙁

Good luck with getting it resolved – I too would now be heading down the small claims court route – and naming and shaming.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

eBay – officially the shittest way to sell something online.

stumpy01

Bloody Hell! I am far too trusting when it comes to selling stuff on eBay. Would never consider that someone might do this.

I will be marking up items from now on & taking more detailed photo’s even if I don’t include them in the auction gallery.

Sorry to hear about this, but at least it’s given others a heads up so it might not happen so frequently. eBay do seem to be very one-sided with this kind of thing.

DezB
    Free Member

Next seller to become a victim of the fake eBay account thatsomeoneIknowquitewellhasaccessto… http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/stug_moore

jonk
    Free Member

Quite an active member on more dirt forums too http://www.moredirt.co.uk/users/Stug/

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Firstly – this guy is an utter t0sspot

I had a pretty unsatisfactory ebay selling experience about 18 months ago
    Basically I sold to a buyer who then changed the goalposts, behaved like a complete bully, left me spiteful negative feedback after his bullying didnt get the discount he thought he should have (FK why) and then refused to confirm the sale had been voided so I could reclaim my ebay fees

Which was all nice!

My saving grace was I only communicated with him through ebay and was calm and rational with all my messages

You can phone them, in the Philipines I think, and speak to a person
    Its not easy but if you press the codes for “my account has been hacked” you get a human pretty quickly 🙂

I spoke to this guy, immediately had the neg removed and got my fees refunded

The buyer has tried the same stunt many times since looking at the amount of negative feedback he leaves, its just grim that Ebay are so fast to side with buyers

Best of luck, thinking your reply to his negative feedback may have been a little premature…..

granny_ring

The scamming ****
    Hope he gets his just desserts and you get it sorted.
    Good luck.

DezB
    Free Member

thinking your reply to his negative feedback may have been a little premature.

Nah, he’s a bell end!

nixie

OP do you have pics of what he returned?

Jamie
    Free Member

thinking your reply to his negative feedback may have been a little premature.

Agreed. While we can all agree he is a bell-end, probably best to wait till you have your goods/money back first.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

EBay should sort them out once they see all the evidence.

Funniest thing ever on STW.

I bought a bike on ebay that turned out to be stolen. I handed it back to the Police.

EBay and Paypal refuse to refund me on the grounds that the Police didn’t contact me within 45 days.

Needless to say neither GAS. Why will they in this case?

bruneep

While we can all agree he is a bell-end, probably best to wait till you have your goods/money back first.

Thats not really gonna happen its it, the way ebay side with the seller.

Jamie
    Free Member

Thats not really gonna happen its it, the way ebay side with the seller.

The guy is in Rochester, Kent. Surely we can raise up a posse of STW vigilantes?

stevied
    Free Member

What a complete knobber! People are obviously thinking of new ways to steal decent kit. Hope you get it sorted…

plyphon
    Free Member

Funniest thing ever on STW.

I bought a bike on ebay that turned out to be stolen. I handed it back to the Police.

EBay and Paypal refuse to refund me on the grounds that the Police didn’t contact me within 45 days.

Needless to say neither GAS. Why will they in this case?

Did you raise a dispute? Ebay always sides with the buyer, i thought.

bruneep

should read:

Thats not really gonna happen its it, the way ebay side with the seller buyer.

🙄

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’m angry just reading about it! I had this done to me in the very early days of eBay, got sent something back that I had never seen before. I lost out.

Hope this works out better for you op.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Did you raise a dispute?

Yes, and it was also closed instantly and automatically.

rickt
    Free Member

Contact ebay via the phone option and advise you are doing the below..

Report this as theft/fraud to the police, provide them with all the buyers contact details, photos etc.

Contact ebay via the phone option again and provide them with the crime ref number and request the case is left open for investigation of fraud.

Advise that you are planning to take the buyer to the small claims court or via the police route and request ebay provide you with an official copy of all emails sent between both buyer and seller.

Then update the ebay case with facts only, detailing the persons full name address and item number.

Take new photos of the received parts with compares to the items you sent.

The reason the seller has sent back a duff item rather than an empty box is that you can use the postage weight as evidence compared to your receipt when you sent the item back.

This is a known scam and has been going on a while…. (chances are its a young kid with no idea of what can happen next.) — therefore the threats may scare them… but ebay cant normally reverse a refund. (you had a time frame to update the case saying item not received back.)

Good luck

nuke

eBay must have experience of this type of fraud given the other examples just on this thread…hopefully they have some sort of process to decide how to verify who is being deceitful. Good luck

mindmap3
    Free Member

What a tool box.

I had something similar a few years ago…a kid bought some Hayes Mags from me that were perfect. Then emailed me to say they were leaking and that the hoses were too short (if forgotten to add the lengths but he never asked) and aksed for a partial refund. In the end end I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle so gave him some cash back.

I only use it as a last resort now. Sold a few bits this week and an still waiting fir one guy to pay…

Hope you get it sorted (although knowing what eBay are like, as the seller you’ll be left high and dry).

granny_ring

Sounds like good advice from rickt.

rickt
    Free Member

ps.. dont forget that email address and name you have will more than likely be linked to a facebook account, linked in, twitter etc if would you like a photo of the person too………..

also… I cant see that there is anything wrong with arranging for someone to knock on the said persons door and ask for a swap of items due to their mistake in returning the wrong ones… 🙂

phunkmaster
    Free Member

No returns does not mean he has no case at all. Distance selling regs and the simple fact he is stating they agree not as described means eBay will side with him.i don’t know why they have the No returns option as then you could sell anything at all on eBay and whether it be as described or not there would be no come back.as said above take closer detailed pics and state in working condition.

As already pointed out, DSRs do not apply to private sales.

I know this is pointless now, but another way to protect yourself from the ‘not as described’ is to always state that ‘viewing/inspection is welcome'(obviously not at your home address though).

This totally sucks for you and I hope you get it sorted. I have given up selling bike parts online these days.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

update?

bruneep

Update?

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘eBay sale advice, please’ is closed to new replies.