Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • eBay – run away or ok?
  • matt_outandabout

Just sold some boots on eBay. Main ‘sold item’ page gives an Access self storage place in Surrey – but his invoice is asking me to ship to Bulgaria!…
    I think I should cancel – specifically said UK only.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’ve read something similar before, I’m sure it was on here. But I was only slightly curious, so don’t recall the details. Meaning – I think you’d be dealing with a Bulgarian Businessman.

Swelper
    Free Member

I sent a GPS loaded with GB maps to Bulgaria last year. Was cautious at first. But sent it anyway. Everything was Fonzy cool.

steveoath
    Free Member

Has he paid postage to Bulgaria? If not, then keep.

Nomad
    Free Member

Cancel and relist.
    Naughty to ask you to ship to Bulgaria.

avdave2

I sent a GPS loaded with GB maps to Bulgaria last year.

Well that’s gone and buggered my plans to remove all the road signs to stop the east European invasion! Bloody fifth columnists.

matt_outandabout

Has he paid postage to Bulgaria? If not, then keep

That the confuzzling bit – I have two addresses for him. One UK on the ‘sold’ page, and Bulgaria on the invoice I sent.
    hmmmm

twoniner
    Free Member

A mate of mine has just bsent stuff to Russia but it went through a middleman here in the UK, think that was in Surrey.

By all accounts there are a lot of these middlemen in the UK, overseas buyers can get stuff sent to a UK address and then it’s shipped out when they get bulk mail to go.

he pretty mush stated that if it doesnt get to Russia through this method it’s tough. He has dlivery confirmation to the address in Surrey.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

STW, Bulgaria, Self Storage, Surrey : all rang a bell for some odd reason. Anyway, have a read:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ebay-am-i-being-scammed

Basically it seems ok – bizzare as that may seem. Looks like twoniner is on the money re UK middlemen.

#Edit – obviously be cautious. I’m not involved with either sale so I dont know if its the same chap / setup etc.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘eBay – run away or ok?’ is closed to new replies.