Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ebay return QR codes
  • dyna-ti

Can someone explain this to me, if they’ve had to use it to return an item ?. Im pretty clueless to all this, having only got a smartphone recently.

I’ve managed to scan the code they presented to me when i started the returns process, though I think this is the only way as no other options were given, like the simple -return here etc.

I’ve had the code sent to my email address, so at least i have a hard copy there.

I suppose this is probably a better way, you get a more exacting address label, and it would be more automated in return and refund, but its just im new to all this techie stuff and im finding the process a bit daunting, mainly by not knowing what everyone else has had long experience of.

Thanks 🙂

PS.

Am I supposed to take an actual picture of this code ?. I was given the option of reading it as text, or copying it, which i did(copy), though i think it saved to samsung notepad, but in there i doesn’t show the code or anything useful to get an address from.

bensales
    Free Member

Isn’t the QR code used by whichever postal service you’re using to send the thing back to generate the postage label?

dyna-ti

Yes. Im supposed to take it to a royal mail place, though it doesnt tell me if thats a post office or a sorting office or what, just says take it to royal mail, so ill need to find out exactly what they mean by that.

So im supposed to take it there, but my question is do i take a pic of fit, as in I save it to my pics gallery, then open that and show the pic of it to the RM people who would scan the picture. Thats the bit im not sure about as theres no real explanation of what im suppose to do.

I think they assume more know what theyre about and are used to these codes, where im not.

monkeyboyjc

Easiest way is to screen shot the qr code. Take your return parcel and phone to a post office, show the pic of the qr code to the staff (remember to turn the brightness up on your phone as it works best with good black and white contrast).  The po will print the label out for you and give you a receipt.

cp

Take your phone and packaged item in, open email with qr code in and scroll to qr code.

Show PO person the QR code and they’ll print the label and stick it in for you. Works really well actually!

bensales
    Free Member

What they said.

Just one thing to bear in mind with these return services… check how much insurance cover the prepaid postage has and what level of tracking. If the thing you’re returning is vaguely valuable or more than that, pay for your own postage. If it goes walkabout, you’re on the hook for it as you’re the sender.

Case in point, I used one of those phone recycling firms recently. They sent prepaid packaging for me to send the phone. It’s cover was only 50 quid, phone’s recycling value was 350.

dyna-ti

@bensales

I take note of that, but this is ebay via ebays own return procedure, not that of the seller, so I would think that it’s the kind of contract between RM and Ebay where things dont go amiss, as in its all separate from regular post.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.