Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Ebay Rant
  • neninja
    Free Member

Please can someone give me a reason to give patience for really slow payers on Ebay. I’ve put up with it in the past by my limit has been reached.

They’ve had the time to bid in the final hour (and it was obviously a bid and not a bid from a snipe website) but are bizarrely too busy to pay or respond to contact in the following 48+ hours.

I’ve got their address etc and am tempted to issue a court money claim against them if payment doesn’t arrive. They’ve entered a legally binding contract and it’s meant I’ve got messed about and it’ll cost them £80+ for being a tosser.

neninja
    Free Member

Apologies for the lack of capitals or jumbled swear words

Edric64
    Free Member

How slow is slow? I usually give people a week to pay .

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Word!
    I’ve been totally screwed over by two a**holes on ebay in the last week. Then, you try “second chance offers” and all interested parties have gone off and bought something else! I’m starting to think that these weasels just use ebay as a game… I would give them negative feedback, but sellers can’t. Grr…

cynic-al
    Free Member

48 hours?

Where’s the fire?

Or are you Alan Sugar?

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

I should add, I have told buyers about the urgency as I am emigrating in less than two weeks and need this all done and dusted…

neninja
    Free Member

I must remember to stay away from the keyboard when I get in from the pub wasted!

A quick couple turned into a session somehow – ohhhh my head hurts

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ha ha ha

uplink
    Free Member

Waiting for pay day maybe?

Liftman

3/10 for the rant, no capitals, proper spelling of words, good for a starter rant but could do better :mrgreen:

toys19
    Free Member

Cant you tick a box that insists on instant payment?

uplink
    Free Member

Cant you tick a box that insists on instant payment?

Only for BIN I think, it’d be stupid to do it for normal auctions

wwaswas

I’d never use ebay for a sale I needed completed quickly (buyer or seller). Too many opportunities for delay.

If they know you’re in a rush I’d be wary they don’t come back after a week and offer less because they know you’re then over a barrel as you can’t relist in time?

Ed2001
    Free Member

Rant after not paying in 48 hours 😯 Your emigrating in 2 weeks 😯 😯 So what happens to a buyer if your item is lost in the post or there is a problem. Where is their comeback? How are you going to sort it out?
    I think I feel more sorry for the buyer

SSB_UK
    Free Member

Non-bike related ranting goes in the chat forum.

nigew
    Free Member

Perhaps they have something ending on Ebay a few days later and will be using the payment from that to pay you?
    I know iv done that in the past but have told whoever im buying from.

br
    Free Member

Well I agree with you.

Whatever I buy I pretty much always pay straight away (Paypal), as I want it straight away.

s
    Free Member

New ebay scam which is becoming more common…

Had a friend who sold a PS3 on ebay, buyer claimed it was faulty as soon as they got it, buyer agreed to a return & refund, only to find the unit returned was not the same one!

Something to watch out for, hard to prove unless you have noted the serial number.

Its worth noting serial numbers of the stuff you sell and mention that you have on your advert.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i got stuffed too the other week. sold something sent invoice then was told the bidder did not have paypal just yet, so i said i would be happy to wait – being nice and all that. a week later i follow up, nothing. by the time i’ve claimed the fees back from ebay the 2nd highest bidder is not interested so had to relist and the bl@@dy thing sold for 30quid less. can’t even leave neg feedback.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, you should take a photo of the seial numbers and any identifiable marks on the item.

I have it happen to me all the time, sold a raceface diabolus crank and the guy said it was the wrong size. I said no problem send it back, it went out with a like new bottom bracket and came back with a bottom bracket that had most of the threads damaged.

I sold an Xmox 360 3 months old the buyer claimed that it was damaged and tried to make a claim, I asked ebay to ask the buyer to provide the serial numbers from the xbox, which they did then provided ebay with the photo of the serial numbers that I had already taken 😀

Infact it happens all the time for lots of different stuff, just be very careful and ask yourself what could go wrong and how do I counter it.

As for feebay, I really hate that site, the service and site is utter crap and it’s just a fleecing ground for bankers these days.

The we at feebay believe people are basically good, doesn’t make sense with the rising crime rate statistics, and don’t even get me started on the feedback system or the adverts that you can’t turn off?

FEEBAY IS RUN BY A BUNCH OF SCUMBAG BANKERS, I HATE THAT SITE AND TO THE VERMIN THAT HAVE RUINED IT, I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!!!!!

neninja
    Free Member

Another wind up merchant on Ebay now!!!

Had an item listed that would almost certainly get damaged if shipped with a courier. It was listed as local collection only and in the description stated in bold payment by cash on collection only with no shipping for the reason above.

Guess what some idiot buys it, pays by Paypal and then messages to arrange a courier. I despair!! He seemed surprised when I immediately refunded the Paypal payment and stated if he wanted it he’d have to come and get it.

He’s since been on the phone to explain that he lives 300 miles away – what a prize tool.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I must remember to stay away from the keyboard when I get in from the pub wasted!

A quick couple turned into a session somehow – ohhhh my head hurts

Oh, me too! I was hammered, and bought a load of stuff on ebay, which I have no need of. I’ll just keep my head down and hope they go away

My current gripe is sellers – in this instance furniture sellers, listing items that they don’t actually have in stock.

This refers to a bed that I’ve struggled to source through proper online shops, but there seems to be low stock and some with missing items.

Great – I see all these sellers on Ebay selling the item with stock showing, so I email them to make sure all parts are there and they can supply the goods – only to receive the same answer, that they’ve contacted the manufacturer and they are out of stock.

DON’T EFFIN WELL LIST THAT YOU HAVE STOCK THEN!!!!

redthunder
    Free Member

Open a case in Ebay against them. I had one who bidded and won. Wont pay just because he wants to collect as we seem to live in the same county. P&P was clearly stated no collection. I dont want them at my place, tw_oids..

I have, still no avail.

neninja
    Free Member

He offered well over the odds for postage today but if it gets damaged in transit, he’ll get his money back through Paypal and I’ll be left chasing a courier for months for compensation.

Phoned Ebay and they’ve opened an auction cancellation so I’ll get my fees credited back after 8 days and was free to relist straight away.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

You only get your fees back if the buyer agrees to the cancellation IIRC, if he’s a tool and doesn’t click the ‘I agree’ button then you might get stung.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Ebay Rant’ is closed to new replies.